• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pudgethebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pudge, my bearded dragon is a crazy little man. He always desperately wants to hang out, outside his tank (120gal, bioactive terrarium) which I’m not sure why. Humidity levels are fine. Normal temperature levels (95° basking -75°) give or take.

Besides the fact, this crazy dude is well in fact crazy. I love my beardie I promise I am not abusing him. He is well fed and hangs out with me daily. However, he is a covid lizard and doesn’t like when he can’t see me. So he runs around the tank, glass surfing. He found that didn’t work. Got on the highest log and quite literally spider pigged his way on the ceiling. I saw, ran to grab him but he fell (happened a few times yes I tried moving things this man can JUMP) until finally he fell, snagging his nail.

The nail turned red, and is a little sensitive. I want to take him to a vet but I fear he may continue to harm it regardless. I have given him warm baths daily and keep a close eye.

Any advice would be amazing!!! Here are pictures of tank, pudge, and his poor toe

Attachments

• 8B068FB2-E77B-4A2C-9A25-42F0DE139A3F.jpeg
    8B068FB2-E77B-4A2C-9A25-42F0DE139A3F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • B5CE9BD4-3E39-485C-A6DD-35E0E3009C8D.jpeg
    B5CE9BD4-3E39-485C-A6DD-35E0E3009C8D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 854E581D-59A3-4365-B4F7-04954E64F470.jpeg
    854E581D-59A3-4365-B4F7-04954E64F470.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • C92BAB2C-52FD-4ABC-A04F-DBE3C4CFD9DC.png
    C92BAB2C-52FD-4ABC-A04F-DBE3C4CFD9DC.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 2A035569-2877-40F1-8BB2-323FE8F5D38E.jpeg
    2A035569-2877-40F1-8BB2-323FE8F5D38E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pudge, my bearded dragon is a crazy little man. He always desperately wants to hang out, outside his tank (120gal, bioactive terrarium) which I’m not sure why. Humidity levels are fine. Normal temperature levels (95° basking -75°) give or take.

Besides the fact, this crazy dude is well in fact crazy. I love my beardie I promise I am not abusing him. He is well fed and hangs out with me daily. However, he is a covid lizard and doesn’t like when he can’t see me. So he runs around the tank, glass surfing. He found that didn’t work. Got on the highest log and quite literally spider pigged his way on the ceiling. I saw, ran to grab him but he fell (happened a few times yes I tried moving things this man can JUMP) until finally he fell, snagging his nail.

The nail turned red, and is a little sensitive. I want to take him to a vet but I fear he may continue to harm it regardless. I have given him warm baths daily and keep a close eye.

Any advice would be amazing!!! Here are pictures of tank, pudge, and his poor toe
I see the toe my recommendation is replace the hammock w/ cloth or fleece you can find them at pampered beardies.com or etsy- please tell me if those are coils being used for uvb's?

Pudgethebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I see the toe my recommendation is replace the hammock w/ cloth or fleece you can find them at pampered beardies.com or etsy- please tell me if those are coils being used for uvb's?
I’ve been considering a fleece hammock but I’m considered with if he poops on it/bugs with bioactive.

I don’t know how else to help his toe. Do you have any methods? It is very swollen still and I hate seeing it bother him

Not sure what you mean by coils… I am assuming the two black lights on the left side of the tank (basking bulbs -not overpowering it is monitored and simply seems to be appropriate for the size of the tank. Behind them, might be hard to see by there is a stip beam t5 uvb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been considering a fleece hammock but I’m considered with if he poops on it/bugs with bioactive.

I don’t know how else to help his toe. Do you have any methods? It is very swollen still and I hate seeing it bother him

Not sure what you mean by coils… I am assuming the two black lights on the left side of the tank (basking bulbs -not overpowering it is monitored and simply seems to be appropriate for the size of the tank. Behind them, might be hard to see by there is a stip beam t5 uvb
The T 5 is a good bulb is it a reptisun 10.0 or a Arcadia 12% this is going to help him heal - the behavior your asking about I am trying to rule out the cause at the point - what is the distance from the basking decor and is it in the tank? the swollen I would soak it in some betadine solution make it like a weak tea color and then get some raw unpasteurized honey on it- please no crickets in the tank they will go straight for the toe- how are you getting basking temps? Digital probe thermometers are the best and most accurate- I know there is something for pain but I need to find out exactly what-

Latest posts