• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Struggling to poop

hilabeanz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 3 year old beardie is really struggling to poop and looks to be impacted. He is straining and pushing, but can't release. I don't know if it's stuck urate or what. What can I do to help him?

hilabeanz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Warm bath + the vet's recommendation of .5 ml of mineral oil managed to dislodge a very hard block of poop. Hopefully that's the blockage to whatever's backed up behind it, but so far after a couple of hours nothing else has moved. I was terrified of a prolapse from all the pushing, but so far his vent looks ok. He was really struggling and very black bearded thru the whole ordeal.

I'll continue to keep an eye on him.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Warm bath + the vet's recommendation of .5 ml of mineral oil managed to dislodge a very hard block of poop. Hopefully that's the blockage to whatever's backed up behind it, but so far after a couple of hours nothing else has moved. I was terrified of a prolapse from all the pushing, but so far his vent looks ok. He was really struggling and very black bearded thru the whole ordeal.

I'll continue to keep an eye on him.
Poor guy! Glad he passed that! Mine tends to have issues with dehydration when he's not eating much, and he'll have hard urates. Thankfully he's started eating salad more often, and he will drink from the bath.

Latest posts