• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help ! Something wrong with beardies tail

VenomTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I noticed something wrong with Venom this morning, he was a little less active and didn’t want cuddles. When i picked him up his tail had a bend and i could see blood. I don’t know if he caught it on a rock in his enclosure or if it’s something worse. Any advice is really needed
image.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone! I noticed something wrong with Venom this morning, he was a little less active and didn’t want cuddles. When i picked him up his tail had a bend and i could see blood. I don’t know if he caught it on a rock in his enclosure or if it’s something worse. Any advice is really neededView attachment 28892
Are you leaving any insects or worms in the tank? It looks dried out--- please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it - please do not leave any crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail- watch that it does not start to turn black the honey will promote healing and kill any infection- what kind of uvb are you using? No coils please

VenomTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you leaving any insects or worms in the tank? It looks dried out--- please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it - please do not leave any crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail- watch that it does not start to turn black the honey will promote healing and kill any infection- what kind of uvb are you using? No coils please
We have a reptisun uvb coil and we never leave crickets in the tank. I’ll try the honey on his tail tonight.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have a reptisun uvb coil and we never leave crickets in the tank. I’ll try the honey on his tail tonight.
Please get rid of the coil they are a terrible UVB- if your using a 13 watt bulb they are the worst- if you have a 26 watt they are iffy but distance and placement is crucial - the UVB is extremely important for the dragons over all health and behavior

VenomTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get rid of the coil they are a terrible UVB- if your using a 13 watt bulb they are the worst- if you have a 26 watt they are iffy but distance and placement is crucial - the UVB is extremely important for the dragons over all health and behavior
We recently switched to a tube uvb because we heard they are better. Thanks for the advice

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We recently switched to a tube uvb because we heard they are better. Thanks for the advice
What are you using and where is it in the tank top of screen or inside --- T 8's and T 5's have different placement and distance -- this is critical

VenomTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using and where is it in the tank top of screen or inside --- T 8's and T 5's have different placement and distance -- this is critical
It is inside the tank about 30cm from floor/15cm from basking spot and it’s a T8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is inside the tank about 30cm from floor/15cm from basking spot and it’s a T8
Is there a in between that he can sit -- optimal is 6-8 inches -- make sure you get a new bulb in approx 6 months from install --- I recommend a month prior to --- you might want to look at upgrading the T 8 as well to the T 5 - you will need a new fixture tho and distance is going to be different as well

Latest posts