• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP! Possibly gravid female!

Belles720

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I’m new to these forums, however, I need help with something regarding my 8 (almost 9) month old female beardie!

Her name is kalahari, but we call her kala, she is 21” and 445g, she’s a leatherback “fancy” bearded dragon I adopted from petsmart (yes I know, bad on me ) She is kept in a 75 gallon Critter Condo with T8 UVB and her heat lamp. Her substrate is shelf liner and her basking place is at 105F. She is recovering from a small URI but healthy otherwise and is at the vet for Check ups frequently. But my issue is that I believe she is gravid with infertile eggs, I have a friend on Instagram @rebeccaslittlezoo who had a zero beardie named nirvana also become gravid at 8 months and has been super helpful with advice! I noticed she started scratching about her enclosure, and acted a little more “offended” when we would pet her, or at least anyone besides me would and started eating less. So I got her a lay box, it’s a 22gallon bin with a 50/50 mixture of play sand and organic soil, wet enough to build her dome thingy. I have a CHE hooked above one half and a towel covering the other side so it’s dark enough in there and warm enough. I even have a Tupperware dish with the bottom cut out covered in the substrate to help her along with her burrow. But when I place her in there she just kinda sits? Doesn’t do much at all...HELP! I don’t know what to do and how long I should leave her in there- or if she’s not gravid and I’ve mistaken it? Aghhh- this is stressful