• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP! Poop advice needed plse

hanfon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all. Pluto has not pooped for about 9 days! Up until then he was totally regular. Normal poop once (sometime twice) a day.
His temps are good, his reptisun 10.0 UVB is 2months old. He's still eating woodies, supers and crickets. Hes not been eating as much salad as usual .. only a few bites a day.
How long can he go without pooping? Should I still be feeding him .. wheres he putting it all?
I've been giving him daily warm soaks to try get things moving ... is there a beardie laxative or similar?
He seems quite well, nice colour, though is more lethargic than normal, he must be sooo full of poop?
The day he stopped pooping was the day I was gonna take some in for a fecal checkup :/ Go figure..
Advice anyone ?? :-\

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello.
How old is Pluto?
You can give canned pumpkin, or unsweetend apple juice and or a little drop or 2 of olive oil to get things moving. I know there are other things that you can use, but I cant remember them right now, hopefully someone else will

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was going to say the same things. Other things you can do is massage his belly while in the bath and if you feel any lump/bumps spend some time working them.

hanfon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks guys, Pluto is 13 months old. His belly feels soft... will try the pumpkin, apple, oil .. do they sometimes get blocked up for that long?
How many days without pooping do you think would warrant a vet visit, providing he is still looking/acting normal in other areas?
Really appreciate your help, this hasnt happened before .. stress stress x

hanfon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow thanks again for the advice .. I dipped two of Plutos woodies (roaches) in olive oil .. 30 mins later ... 9 days worth of poop!! OMG he must feel lighter .. lets just hope it doesn't give him the runs for days . I feel so relieved , and Im sure he does too. 8)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad he pooped. I have had that happen before so I fed one whole meal of squash only, squash and pumpkin are in the same family, and she pooped. I bet you can see a size difference in his belly now.

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone ;D
Thanks for the advice. I used the tummy massage this morning during bathtime and what do ya know...POOP! First time in daysssssssssssssssssssssssss The olive oil trick was next.
Thanks again for great advice!

Latest posts