• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help please

TRACY G

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi i have 2 bearded dragons and our female had eggs but after a week or so of seeing them. she still has not layed any. and they look like they are gone. can someone please tell me what to do. should i leave the male in there all the time or take him out when there are eggs in her belly.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2.jpg

This is a confusing post. Could you explain a little more. Are wanting to breed them? If not they should not be housed together period. here are some links that you should really consider their message.

Thinking of Breeding???

TO BREED OR NOT TO BREED: A REALITY CHECK

Housing Beardies Together aka 'Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation A Good Plan?'

Good Luck

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, I am also a little confused but i think i understand. Your female had visible signs of eggs but you cant see them anymore? If you have substrate in the enclosure be sure to take the dragons out, all the furnishings and start digging. Be sure to cover every square inch ;) 1) When (Date) was she bred to the male? Dragons typically lay 3-5 weeks after copulation to lay the eggs. 2) Do you have a lay bin set up? This is important, while some females will deposit eggs within the enclosure no matter what. Some females are picky and want to dig to china to safely deposit there eggs. If she didnt feel safe to lay or if she hasnt been given proper nutrition. She may be reabsorbing the eggs. This is extremely hard on a dragon and depedning on the health of the dragon before all this will determine if she can or will pull though it. 3) Take the male out after you see them mate.