• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please

waternut13134

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys I know this isnt the place to put it but the last post for the lighting section was back in janurary.

I just got my bearded dragon and I got this fixture:http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/low-profile-fixtures.htm

Its the desert 50,I know they had a recall on them so I made sure I got the ones that had the UV charts on them( the ones that are fixed),Now will this be good for my beardie for right now? She is about 6 or so inches from it. Also I took the plastic window the goes over the lamp, because I read that the window can block out some of the UVB rays. Am I safe leaving that plastic window off? Thank you guys for your help.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You may wish to replace that zilla tube with a ReptiSUN 10.0 t-8 tube... No worries if your dragon will get enough uvb with that tube.

Hope this helps.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not to be a full blown pain............but.....

the Zilla light did have problems. I haven't seen the actual 2010 UV report. Last I heard, board was still out.
Did I miss it? Cause I'm seriously curious as well. I've got some experiments to run.

Latest posts