• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please (sleeps a lot)

shawnbarb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just got my bearded dragon from Petco about 3 weeks ago and for some reason for the last few days it will not do anything but sleep. I've tried cricket's, mealworms, veggies, fruit. I even gave it a bath and it just sat there. I actually thought it was dead. All it was to do is sit under its UVB t5 light. It's basking temperature is between 1:10 and 1:20, I don't know what to do please help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just got my bearded dragon from Petco about 3 weeks ago and for some reason for the last few days it will not do anything but sleep. I've tried cricket's, mealworms, veggies, fruit. I even gave it a bath and it just sat there. I actually thought it was dead. All it was to do is sit under its UVB t5 light. It's basking temperature is between 1:10 and 1:20, I don't know what to do please help
How are you getting that temp? Please use a digital probe thermometer- surface basking temps should be 105-110 - is the uvb in the tank or top of screen? If it's a fine screen it needs to be in the tank directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches - please post a pic of the dragon- please offer water on his nose drop it w/ aeye dropper spray his head or use your hand

shawnbarb

Bearded Dragon Egg
How are you getting that temp? Please use a digital probe thermometer- surface basking temps should be 105-110 - is the uvb in the tank or top of screen? If it's a fine screen it needs to be in the tank directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches - please post a pic of the dragon- please offer water on his nose drop it w/ aeye dropper spray his head or use your hand
Hi sadie, I am using a heat gun pointing it directly at basking Rock. I have a t5 UVB and at the reptile store they said a t5 will go through a screen so it's laying on top of the screen. I mist My dragon everyday and I also supply it with water. I tried to bathe it last night and it just stood there like it was dead where before it would run around.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi sadie, I am using a heat gun pointing it directly at basking Rock. I have a t5 UVB and at the reptile store they said a t5 will go through a screen so it's laying on top of the screen. I mist My dragon everyday and I also supply it with water. I tried to bathe it last night and it just stood there like it was dead where before it would run around.
Ok please no more baths- the T 5 needs to go into the tank if it's a fine mesh like a screen door please get the uvb on par - please get 2 digital probe thermometers place the probe on the spot where he basks- IR guns are good but not always accurate - your dragon may have been sick when you got him it's hard to know at this point but we want that tank on par w/ the temps and uvb- if this does not help and he's still lethargic I am not sure what else we can do- how old is the dragon please post a pic- if all he is doing is sitting under the uvb he's not getting enough - what is the surface basking temp where he's sitting?

shawnbarb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please no more baths- the T 5 needs to go into the tank if it's a fine mesh like a screen door please get the uvb on par - please get 2 digital probe thermometers place the probe on the spot where he basks- IR guns are good but not always accurate - your dragon may have been sick when you got him it's hard to know at this point but we want that tank on par w/ the temps and uvb- if this does not help and he's still lethargic I am not sure what else we can do- how old is the dragon please post a pic- if all he is doing is sitting under the uvb he's not getting enough - what is the surface basking temp where he's sitting?
I misted him this morning, he did lick his nose quite a bit. His digital thermometer which is hanging about an inch above his basting rock is showing 79. His basking rock right now is showing 90 however his lights were just turned on about an hour and a half ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20230929_091534843_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230929_091534843_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230929_091545139_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230929_091545139_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230929_091609043_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230929_091609043_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok you want his surface basking temp 105-110- 90 is not hot enough- what wattage are you using?
I misted him this morning, he did lick his nose quite a bit. His digital thermometer which is hanging about an inch above his basting rock is showing 79. His basking rock right now is showing 90 however his lights were just turned on about an hour and a half ago.

shawnbarb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok you want his surface basking temp 105-110- 90 is not hot enough- what wattage are you using?
I have a white bulb which is 100 w and a red bulb which is 100 w and they're both on except for at night there are all shut off, so in the morning it takes a little bit for them to get up to the temp they need

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a white bulb which is 100 w and a red bulb which is 100 w and they're both on except for at night there are all shut off, so in the morning it takes a little bit for them to get up to the temp they need
Please get rid of the red bulb-- they are a hazard to the dragons eyes and can cause long term.eye damage - please get a another solid clear bright white basking bulb- No daytime bulbs- good ones are flukers basking- exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen- I would start w/ a 50 watt - keep.an eye on the surface basking temps--

Latest posts