• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please. (eye infection, poor appetite)

Smitty

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone
I need some advice
I have a 3 year old recently adopted beardie
He came to me with a bad eye infection and eating nothing but superworms
In the last couple of months we have cleared up his eye infection and he was just started to add some dandelion greens to his diet
Well in the past 2 weeks he has given up eating, he has eaten only 7 worms in about 15 days, he also has given up basking.
He isn’t moving around much either
His temps are what is required and we have a 75w spot light for basking as well as a t5ho tube for uva/uvb and a ceramic heater for nighttime
Please help , I’m so worried about him not eating and being lethargic
Is this normal behaviour?

Valerie Vitticeps

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 3 year old was adopted too. Same thing happened. Like the previous poster said, get him to the vet for a fecal. I did & my beardie was fine. It was the start of her brumation period. Is there any way you can get in touch with her previous owners to find out if she went through such a thing with them? Then again, it may be her first time. Hopefully that is up there is going on. Keep us posted please.

Latest posts