• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP!! Parasites?

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
20230909_074855.jpg

My beardie Mars pooped in her food bowl. And there's a bunch of worms in it. I want to know if these are parasite worms, undigested BSFL, or worms that crawled in after she pooped. They are not squirming or moving at all. I fed her BSFL the other day, but they were not this large. Could they have gotten larger in her digestive tract? Her hot side is about 100 degrees, her cold side is 80, her UVB is 12-15 inches from her basking spot. I feed her mustard greens daily, sometimes kale and collard. Her current day time (lights on) is 14 hours.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
They don't look like parasites to me, but rather undigested something she ate.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 34645
My beardie Mars pooped in her food bowl. And there's a bunch of worms in it. I want to know if these are parasite worms, undigested BSFL, or worms that crawled in after she pooped. They are not squirming or moving at all. I fed her BSFL the other day, but they were not this large. Could they have gotten larger in her digestive tract? Her hot side is about 100 degrees, her cold side is 80, her UVB is 12-15 inches from her basking spot. I feed her mustard greens daily, sometimes kale and collard. Her current day time (lights on) is 14 hours.
Not sure let me have some others look at this-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure let me have some others look at this-
I had one person respond here is what they said
That's 100% vomit. Cut back on the worms and be sure she has time in the heat of the tank to digest food , don't feed large meals late in the day. She'll recover, give her a good drink .

Latest posts