• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Needed! Yellow Fungus? Brown Scales...

annabella

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, Help!

My sweet girl Nep was just housed at a Reptile boarding place for a week of time. I hated doing this as I take very very good care of her and treat her like a princess.

She has never has any health issues and is three years old. Upon picking her up two days ago, I saw these dark brown scales. We made a vet apt for this week, but has anyone an idea of what this might be?

She is like a kid to me, become family and I'm scared it could be Yellow Fungus. I am also furious we housed her in that place as the area she was in was not very clean, we had no other option as we don't have family where we live and we had to fly out of town. Will never board her in a place like that again!

Thank You Kindly,
Anna

Attachments

• kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, Help!

My sweet girl Nep was just housed at a Reptile boarding place for a week of time. I hated doing this as I take very very good care of her and treat her like a princess.

She has never has any health issues and is three years old. Upon picking her up two days ago, I saw these dark brown scales. We made a vet apt for this week, but has anyone an idea of what this might be?

She is like a kid to me, become family and I'm scared it could be Yellow Fungus. I am also furious we housed her in that place as the area she was in was not very clean, we had no other option as we don't have family where we live and we had to fly out of town. Will never board her in a place like that again!

Thank You Kindly,
Anna
Gonna have someone take a look thats more experienced than I w/ this stuff

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gonna have someone take a look thats more experienced than I w/ this stuff
She replied back w/ this
It may just be poo stain from them not keeping her cage clean. Give her a warm soak and use a toothbrush after 5-10 minutes in the water. If it doesn't come off get some Lamisil antifungal cream to dab on there. I would guess that it's not Y.F. but if the stain doesn't go away you can get the fungal cream.

annabella

Bearded Dragon Egg
She replied back w/ this
It may just be poo stain from them not keeping her cage clean. Give her a warm soak and use a toothbrush after 5-10 minutes in the water. If it doesn't come off get some Lamisil antifungal cream to dab on there. I would guess that it's not Y.F. but if the stain doesn't go away you can get the fungal cream.
Sadie Hello,

Thank You kindly for easing my nerves that day. The spot did not come off in the bath, so I went out and got some Lamisil and I have been applying it a couple times a day, the spot is healing. We do have a vet apt for next week, to find out if is anything serious.

Thanks again for the reply, hope you and your baby dragon have a lovely evening! (assuming you have a beardie too)

- Anna

Latest posts