• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help need to breed my Dragons

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and new to breading breaded dragon, I'm staying in Malaysia and here the humidity is high and temp is high too, humidity here in Malaysia is about 8o% and temp is about 80f-84f

I had a first clutch of eggs from my breadie recently and I hve made a home incubator and put all the eggs inside it. Due to the temp n humidity of my surrounding do i still need a heater? I saw many incubator has moist in the egg container but i don't have any moist but the humidity is about 89% Each time i closed the incubator lid the temp goes to 86.7f and 89% humidity

Here are some pictures which i have taken and would appreciate some advice from you guys.
This pictures is without any heater
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Set up a fan to circulate the air around the incubator. U definitely need 2 get the humidity down, are u able 2 remove water without it affecting the pump & water circulation?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yo may try damp rags instead of standing water and the temp definitely could stand to come down to around 83 or so. its healthier for the dragons and some say higher incubator temps can cause aggressive animals. maybe keep the lid cracked a bit and see what your numbers are. good luck!

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi jeff Thank you so much for your reply, i will try put a small fan to circulate the air and as for the heater im not using the heater now cause when i start using the heater the temp goes up n sometimes reached 90f , so i have stop using the heater. that is what i get in the pictures the temp n humidity level (without heater).

If I removed the water, there wouldn't be any moist at all i think, since the humidity is high as in the pictures is that ok for the eggs?

Yes if i removed the water i just could removed the pump too, is a portable pump..

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi richard, thaks for yr advice i will try it soon and keep u inform

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If your humidity is that high with very little water then try using damp rags like Richard suggested. Getting a fan set up & leaving the cooler door cracked (partially opened) will help circulate the warmer, humid climate air in & around the incubator. What is the temp & humidity level of the room the incubator is in?

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Jeff,

The temp & humidity level in my room is (86.0 f / 66% day time) and (84.0 f / 66% night time).

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try the damp rags for moisture & fan, this should help with humidity & temp. Keep us updated.

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi Jeff,

I have tried removing all water from the cooler and just a damp rags with moisture together with inflow n outflow fan and the result are:

First test run about 1 hour : While egg container lid is close I get 86.5f and 86% humidity (lid was poke with 10 holes) also tried with no hole lid and the temp n humidity goes way up to 87f and 90% humidity.

Second test run about 1 hour : While opening up the eggs container ( half open lid) i get 85.8f and 73 humidity (but vermiculite gets dry out fast)

Both test was done on a cooler partially open

Appreciate your advise sir....

Thank you

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ur very welcome. Much better numbers now, the results from your 2nd test run are very close 2 what u need for incubation. I'm using a cooler/incubator also & with floridas hot, humid climate, it wasn't easy 2 get set up. Hope everything works out.

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Referring to my second test run, the vermiculite gets dry out fast but the humidity is good shall i add more water (if i add more water the humidity level will surely raise) or i just leave it dry , will the eggs be health if i just leave it dry ?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Since you have 2 run the incubator with no water, you are going to have to mist the eggs regularly. This shouldn't affect the humidity level 2 much.

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok Jeff , I will mist the eggs regularly - now i wake up in the middle of the night straight to the check on the thermometer .....lol

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Jeff, need some advise, 3 of my eggs are collapsing and the temp & humidity in the eggs container is about 84.6f / 86% with damp cloth in the incubator, when i moist the eggs container the humidity will raise up to 90% and afraid it is too high humidity, so i did not moist it ... I hope you could advise me on this thanks...

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try taking out the damp cloth, see if that helps. The humidity level is high where u are at & we need 2 figure something out that's going 2 work. Do u still have the fan blowing air at the incubator?

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Jeff, yeah the fan is up and running 24/7, When i try removing the damp cloth no much different on the humidity level only 1-2% different. I notice that the vermiculite is dry , I have make bout 12 holes on the eggs container lid for the air to circulate inside the eggs container, do you think this is why is gets dry out fast? I have read somewhere on the net saying bout dry vermiculite may lead to collapsing of the eggs. I'm out of ideas for now lol

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The humidity definitely needs to come down, a dehumidifier might need to be set up in the room. Without there being water in the incubator, ur going to have to mist the eggs regularly so they get the moisture they need. Adding holes 2 the egg containers will help with air circulation to the eggs.

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
This might be a shot in the dark here, not sure if any chemicals would be released, but I figured I'd try and help, Jeff let me know if it would work or not. You could try silica, or also I know rice is used to bring down moisture too sometimes. The little silica packets, not sure if that would affect the eggs, or a bit of rice might help.

yourmanjh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi jeff and citrus thanks for your advise at meantime i just maintain what it is and i could see the eggs are growing bigger even the humidity reach 86% :)

I'm also wondering my beardie had laid her eggs on the 3/10/11 but till now there is no sign of 2nd clutch, is that normal? It has been for more than a month ....

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hope ur doing well. U need 2 get that humidity down, still a little high. She might only be putting out 1 clutch, give her some time 2 rest & pair her with a male again.

Latest posts