• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! My beardie has started limping on front leg!!

Pascal

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I noticed yesterday that my beardie has started limping on his front left leg. He is around 8 months old and is usually in great health. His front leg seems almost limp. I am taking him to the vets tomorrow but am wondering if anyone know anything about this or has experienced anything similar. His set up and temperature are all fine and he poops everyday without any problems. He gets plenty of calcium, dusted on his salad and live food. I have posted a video on Instagram if anyone want to check it out. IGenius82 is the name.
I'd also like to add that he is housed alone so the injury has not been caused my another beardie.
Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Could he have fallen from something? It almost looks like it's dislocated. Until you get him to the vet I would take out anything in his tank that he'd have to climb or that he could jump off of.

Pascal

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have already taken out everything he can climb on. He's off to the vets tomorrow.

Pascal

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thing is I thought It might be dislocated too. As for falling only from his Climbing stuff and it not very high but I guess if he's landed funny. My poor boy.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just the way he was keeping it close to his body made me think dislocated. It hasn't stopped him from running and eating though, that's a good sign.

Latest posts