• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me please!! My beardies just stopped eating.

Pascal

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Since the day I had my beardie pascal he has always eaten very well. Both greens and live food. I've had her about 8 months and she has never gone a day without eating now all off a sudden she has just stopped eating completely. She doesn't touch her salad and even turns away from live food. This has been for five days now. Maybe I'm over reacting but I'm worried. She has not her normal perky self, her beard is constantly dark and when she poops is just like a yellow discharge. I'm pretty sure she was even sick the other day as there were a load of half digested worms in her viv and it didn't look like it had been excreted.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm going out of my mind over here. Thank you.

Pascal

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm trying to get an appointment as soon as I can. Is there anything I can try in the mean time?

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Hydrate!!! If he's sick and throwing up with runny poo,he will dehydrate quick,give him half water /Gatorade or pedialite,you can even bathe him in it,it will flush him out and keep him hydrated till you can get to vet,hope all is ok.

Pascal

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I managed to get her to the vet yesterday and she was out in antibiotics and brought everything they said. Critical care, reptoboost and zolcal d. Unfortunately she took a turn for the worst this morning. Shortly after her morning bath this morning I found her laying in her own blood. Went to bath her again and started being violently sick before I got her in the water. She then went in to convulsion and passed away in my arms. I am so heart broken. I am not yet able to put her down as I know these will be the last cuddles I ever have.

RIP my baby girl. Have to be thankful I was there for you in your last moment and trust that god took you away from me so he could look after you and save you from being in pain. always in my my heart. xxx

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG, so sorry you had to go through that :( Did the vet ever say what the problem was?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He knows when a sparrow falls. He knows your love for Pascal. I am sorry for your loss. Be comforted by His love

Latest posts