• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me help Hermione!

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Okay, today is the very first time that Hermione has not even so much as looked at the food I've offered her. I have offered her the regular collard greens and butternut squash (she's never been big on salad), supers and crickets. She's never passed on either one. I thought nothing of it when she didn't want her salad, but when I put a couple of worms in front of her and she didn't budge, I started to get nervous. During her free time today she pooped a very small amount. The urates didn't look discolored, but I thought the amount of poo was a little odd for her. She usually has very healthy looking bms. At this point, I tried to remain calm and wait to see how dinner time went. I put one dusted cricket directly in front of her, nothing. I picked it up and let it crawl around on my hand and arm for her to see, still nothing. After all this, I decided a soak was in order. So once in the bath, after sprinkling water on her nose, she basically stuck her face in the water and began lapping it up. I really don't think she's dehydrated, she gets regular baths and misting and like I said, her urates are white. She did go again a little bit in the tub, so I was wondering, could she be slightly impacted, or maybe just a little constipated and not hungry? Is there anything else that I can do for her? Any ideas? Help me guys, please!
uploadfromtaptalk1427587880885.jpg

635bbb7a14b07c851a0d882ec263f1ca.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She could be having an off day. Seems to be going around today. See how she is tomorrow. I don't think there is such a thing as slight impaction, they are either impacted or they are not. The fact that she also went a bit in the tub is a good sign there is no impaction.

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Patsy. I have never seen her go in such small amounts like that. Usually she has a (TMI ALERT) big old, well formed poo, right in the middle of the living room mind you! So I am really hoping you are right and she'll be back to herself again tomorrow.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh wow! Neither of mine have ever just gone on the floor. Luci pooped on my arm once when we first brought him home but that was it. They either go in their tank or in the tub.

I now wonder if that is why Luci always wants out of his tank, maybe he sees it as just a toilet!

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Oh wow! Neither of mine have ever just gone on the floor. Luci pooped on my arm once when we first brought him home but that was it. They either go in their tank or in the tub.

I now wonder if that is why Luci always wants out of his tank, maybe he sees it as just a toilet!
I've gotten to where I can see them prepping and I can usually either put something like a towel, napkin or diaper wipe under her before she really starts, lol. We always have diaper wipes close by! [emoji12] Khaleesi usually goes when I take her out on the patio everyday. But I always see it coming and just kinda aim it to the ground, haha! So, in a way, I'm lucky! They don't go in the tanks very often and I have time to prepare (mostly [emoji6]).

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've gotten to where I can see them prepping and I can usually either put something like a towel, napkin or diaper wipe under her before she really starts, lol. We always have diaper wipes close by! [emoji12] Khaleesi usually goes when I take her out on the patio everyday. But I always see it coming and just kinda aim it to the ground, haha! So, in a way, I'm lucky! They don't go in the tanks very often and I have time to prepare (mostly [emoji6]).

That is the worse part he seemed very nervous. Now I know why :confused:. Next time he acts like that back in the enclosure he goes!!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter used to do that, she would get very nervous and give me an anxious look. I knew to put her back in her tank and she would go. Now it's the opposite, she does that in her tank and I rush her to the tub and she goes in the tub. She's like a little dog!

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, Buddy's poops are gigantuan! He's my African Grey. OMG! He will even aim out of his cage in the morning. They are biggest in the morning since they don't poop in their sleep. Scary big!

donprec

Juvenile Dragon

Precious goes crazy when there's fresh poop in the cage. If you're there and she's done it, she'll be clawing at the cage trying to get out and will almost jump in your hand as you try to take her out. I wonder how long it takes her to calm down when we're not home and she goes and has to deal with it being in there for a while.

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL. That's funny. Moo has taken to pooping in her food bowl. First time I didn't know what the heck it was..I thought a weird bug had gotten into her cage and died. Nope. Poop. It would be great if beardies pooped in a specific spot every time like geckos.

Latest posts