• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! I sat on my Bearded Dragon!

mushu.monster

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would like to start this off with the fact that I am a good bearded dragon owner and have never had a problem with her before. But today I made a grave mistake. I had placed her on my bed while packing for a spring break and put a blanket over her so she would sleep and stay warm. I forgot she was there since they're so quiet and still when they sleep so I took a break and sat down ON MY LIZARD. I'll be completely honest, I was sitting there for at least 5 minutes. She seemed okay when I got up once I remembered she was there, she just seemed a little disoriented (as she usually is when she wakes up). She was moving fine and acting normal when I put her back in her terrarium but should I be monitoring her for something specific that would indicate something is wrong with her? I am having a friend watch her for the next week so I will have to relay everything to her. Please help, I promise I'm not a bad beardie-mom.

JeanBD

Hatchling Dragon
Just make sure she doesn't have any broken bones
Also, I would recommend monitoring her for one to two weeks for sign of bellyache, muscle pain and stuff.
If she have problem digesting food or pooping, take her IMMEDIATELY to the vet

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
this is why when we take them out of their viv it's very important to always be aware they are safe. I have taken both spike and Stryker out at various times and lost track of them because I was busy doing something else. I would find spike curled up under my pillows. and Stryker would be curled up under a blanket. I would freak out and get everyone looking till we found them..so no your not a bad dragon mom just a human one. keep an eye on him for anything unusual in behavior and have a vet check done just in case.

Jacob melanistic

Juvenile Dragon
my leopard gecko jumped of a table one time... i think he is suicidal, because he has a bad habit of doing that. he is okay though. they are really strong!

Angie Thompson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awwwe, no.. I'm so sorry. I know you feel awful but please keep in mind it is a mistake ANYONE could have made. I hope shes okay. From what you've said she seems to be fine. But please keep us posted.

mushu.monster

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, thank you for the concern and support. She seems to be doing okay. My friend said she had no problems while I was gone other than the typical reduced eating/activity (this usually happens when I am away). I had her out and about yesterday for quite a while and she seems to be doing just fine, but I am keeping a close eye on her just in case there is an underlying issue I can't immediately see.

mushu.monster

Bearded Dragon Egg
And don't worry, no one thinks you're a bad beardie owner. Also, did you like, sit on her back or her head directly? sorry my replies late
I didn't notice any broken bones, she is walking and moving around normally and nothing felt out of place. She had one runny poop and one normal one but that is normal for her and she still has the same appetite. Honestly, I'm not sure where I sat on her because the blanket was over her.

Latest posts