• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! I pinched my baby’s tail

CUra88er

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my baby about a week ago. As I was leaving I took him out of the container for my kids to see him. I pinched his tail in the lid putting him back in. Obviously the end of his tail has died. Should I worry about tail rot? The vet isn’t open for 2 more days unless I want to pay extra for an emergency. Sometimes the rest of the tail looks gray sometimes the rest looks fine. The setup is fine. The breeder checked in with me and asked about it.

Attachments

• A5B16300-A897-439B-9211-86C017AF8FED.jpeg
    A5B16300-A897-439B-9211-86C017AF8FED.jpeg
    627.4 KB · Views: 116
  • E015BE4F-ECF0-4C2B-A2A8-E13C9E524C59.jpeg
    E015BE4F-ECF0-4C2B-A2A8-E13C9E524C59.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • 332DCAE5-EBE9-448F-B823-9456FE833481.jpeg
    332DCAE5-EBE9-448F-B823-9456FE833481.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If there is a wound you can soak it in diluted betadine. Mix it with distilled water until it’s a weak tea color. Other than that the only thing to do is get to a vet ASAP.

CUra88er

Bearded Dragon Egg
There’s no wound. It’s just dead at the point where it was pinched. The pictures were taken minutes apart. Is it possible that he’s also getting ready to shed or was cold and that’s why the rest of his tail looked gray then minutes later looked good?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I was wondering that too. Now that I look at it in the morning light it does kinda look like the tail is shedding. Keep an eye on it until you can get him to a vet to look at it. The tip might fall off or it might need to be amputated.

Is he a Silkie?

CUra88er

Bearded Dragon Egg
He’s a hypo leatherback. I teach 5th grade and he’s our class pet so I’m hoping there’s nothing seriously wrong with him!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm sure he will be fine. Tails get pinched all the time and some lose parts of their tails and they aren't bothered by it.

My oldest girl has a tiny kink at the tip of her tail and my boy has a bend in the middle of his tail. I couldn't even tell you when it happened! I also have a rescue that is missing half of her tail. Having half her tail, makes her easier to snuggle with LOL!

Latest posts