• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help friends beardie!!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
This is princess and she is about 3 months old. Wendy has had her about a month. Today she got her out of her viv and her tail is black, see pictures.

She is in a 40g viv with sand. Not the right kind of bulb. I told her and showed her which one to get and she will get one. She eats crickets and dubia roaches (from me) collard greens and I'm not sure about fruits.

She has not had any injuries to her tail. She is housed alone. She was rescued from horrible conditions about a month ago.

Is this a shed or tail rot???

5750451b50c42e56d81d4c118c04bc46.jpg

192c6853a8907e726c9a2bd2991d847f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's a really pretty dragon, love the orange/red on it's back.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very pretty dragon nice colors! Yep nothing to worry about they can have darker tips to their tails.. I would also like to suggest removing the sand as it can cause blockages especially in little ones. It harbors bacteria, smells and all kinds of nasties as well as it can get into their eyes.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Very pretty dragon nice colors! Yep nothing to worry about they can have darker tips to their tails.. I would also like to suggest removing the sand as it can cause blockages especially in little ones. It harbors bacteria, smells and all kinds of nasties as well as it can get into their eyes.

I have told her about getting the repti sun 10.0 bulb and to get rid of the sand. I told her she could use paper towels since she doesn't have money to get the reptile carpet.

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have told her about getting the repti sun 10.0 bulb and to get rid of the sand. I told her she could use paper towels since she doesn't have money to get the reptile carpet.

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Oh good! She can get tiles, easy clean up, good on the nails..

Latest posts