• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help, exploded egg, too early

dragonlady

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi, I'm incubating two separate clutches three weeks apart. First clutch is at 44 days in, at temps between 83- 85, humidity at 88. Eggs have been fertile and fat and none have turned up bad. I turned incubator up before I went to church because the temp had dropped to 81. When I came back hour and a half later, my boyfriend had said the temp was 87 and he had got it back down to 84. BUT, one of the eggs had popped! The baby was still alive and I pulled the egg out to investigate what had happened. Still not developed enough I put it back in on some tissue because I didn't want to just throw it away still moving. Out of 62 total eggs from a first time mom, Iv'e had good turnout till now. What happened and did I hurt the rest. HELP!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
An increased temp of a few degrees shouldn't have caused that big of an issue for just a couple of hours. I would imagine that the baby was coming out early, keep an eye on your little ones but they should be okay :).