• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help :( ( Bearded dragon has weird stuff on it's skin

guyr1717

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my beardie from a reptile breeder. She has these weird things on her legs and skin. please tell me what it is.
20140119_154754.jpg
20140119_154754.jpg
20140119_154804.jpg
20140119_154823.jpg
20140119_154843.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately that appears to be Yellow Fungus which is contagious, can affect it's internal organs & possibly be fatal if not treated promptly ... This calls for a qualified herp Vet visit & diagnosis ASAP ... If you return this dragon to the breeder & happen to get another, even from elsewhere, be absolutely certain that anything that this dragon came into contact with is thoroughly, thoroughly sterilized, along with anything that you have touched after handling your BD before introducing another. This dragon needs to be quarantined in a hospital quality, sterile environment.

http://www.reptaid.com/yellow fungus.html

Good Luck

Last edited:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
According to the Reptaid testimonial, it can be ... but I am not a vet and am much better at keeping them healthy before they get sick rather than fixing them up after. 12 years, many dragons & only ever had one instance of one getting ill. Maybe drop Gilliesexotics, one of the Mods here, a PM, he has had more experience with medications.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, that does appear to be yellow fungus. It is curable if treated correctly in about 14 days and deadly if not treated. Your vet will need to prescribe you itraconazole. This fungus is contagious and if you have any other reptiles be sure to keep your hands or anything that touches this dragon clean. Yellow fungus can appear from these typical reasons 1. stress 2. unsanitary conditions 3. moist conditions.

To treat properly.
1. see a vet and get the proper meds.
2. figure out the cause if you can and correct it.
3. once you have seen a vet throw all of the cage substrate and furnishings away OR clean them extremely well.
4. set up her enclosure as a hospital tank with bare necessities until she is cure.

good luck!

Latest posts