• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help! baby bd is shedding

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
Hi all,

my baby bd, steven started shedding today. i know that i should bathe him but he really does NOT like it. i started to mist him but i want him to properly shed so that he won't get hurt in the process. please help and give me some pointers~ :x

anyone?

Thank you!

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
A bath is prob the best thing for him misting will still help make sure he has some thing rough to scratch on to help loosen up the skin other wise he might be a tad grumpy cos it can be itchy but ye just let him be and make sure the humidity in the tank is slightly higher than usual
dont peel it off even if its tempting it can leave the skin raw :)
Hope thats a tad helpful thats what we do for gucci anyways but she quite likes a bath
thankss

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
thanks gemsheard. someone from this forum gave me the same pointers as you did and taking it in like food. my bd seems so irritable and desperate for the shed to be over. makes me feel it's pain. lol. would be nice if steven could appreciate baths more, but oh well. surely soon enough it will.

do they have stress marks before and in the process of shedding?

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
iv never noticed on gucci but tbh she didnt even get too anoyed she just scratched around alot lol but ye he will like the bath soon some days she jumps streight back out an aothers she just sits and enjoys it :) dont worry he will feel and look awasome when hes shed :D

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
maybe i'm just over thinking the fact that he/she is irritated. but i can tell you that steven is pooped out exhausted. he/she is sleeping all out. he/she is sleeping on the tree with one arm under his/her head and the other arm stretched stretched out. steven loves his/her tree.

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he should be getting a bath water temp plays a role in it eventually they calm down what you can do also if let them rest on your finger while still being in the water that also helps most of the time

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes beardies never calm down when it comes to baths. You just have to play the role of the parent and be persistent! I know it seems cruel, but it's necessary for their health.

laurenwind

Bearded Dragon Egg
Many people want to help their companion during this difficult time, but it is important to know the right and wrong ways to go about it. It’s important that your dragon sheds on his own without any physical help. Picking or pulling at the shedding skin is an extreme risk to the development of the delicate new scales beneath. There are a few ways that you can help your friend without harm, including misting (lightly) with water and providing a stress free environment.Hey, maybe this will help. I've found a free bearded dragon book. You can download it from here.It's free with over 100 pages, and lots of info about how to care and raise bearded dragons.

Latest posts