• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! 3 yr old beardie wasting away with mouth issue

Jenay Goodman

Bearded Dragon Egg

I’m new here and wanted to know if anyone has seen their beardie do this with their mouth? A month ago he quit drinking and eating. At first I thought he was going into brumation but he isn’t. He wants to drink but when he tries he does the tongue thing and shakes his head vigorously then tries to drink again and shakes his head until he gives up. Sometimes drool comes out and lately a little blood. By his left bottom teeth there is white pussy looking stuff and blood spots on his tongue inside. He also has a tiny bump on his right lip that is slowly growing. The vet has me tube feeding him to try to get him stronger since he is just wasting. He ran tests and did an x-ray and can’t find anything wrong or obstructed and he’s still pooping regularly. If anyone has seen this please let me know!!!

Latest posts