• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Hi. I am a new beardie owner. My juvenille is a beautiful orange girl. I joined this site in hopes to interact with other beardie owners and learn how best to take care of my sweet little girl.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there,

WelcomeToTheForums.jpg

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome!

I have my lights on for 12 hrs a day. Usually from 7-7pm. Don't use lights at night because it can affect their sleeping. If you need some sort of heat sorce then use a CHI.

Reactions: Jp

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
I usually have her day light on from around 9am till around 10pm. At night I have a red light on very very low. When I put her to bed she is out for the count...she doesn't move till she wakes up in the morning. Is that usual? I like to play with her in the evening and she likes to fall asleep on my chest, then I put her in her tank under her log.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When I put her to bed she is out for the count...she doesn't move till she wakes up in the morning. Is that usual?
No, not unusual at all, on the contrary, it is quite normal & is a good sign that she sleeps restfully & is not restless at night.
icon_thumright-1.gif

12-14 hours of daylight are recommended, off for the rest, a consistent Day/Night schedule is the best. On/Off at the same time of the day, everyday. An electronic timer is inexpensive & invaluable for keeping consistent on/off times & for when you can't be there to turn them on & off at the right times.

Personally, the lighting schedules for all of mine are from 9am/9pm.

Have a Good one & once again, Welcome.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most will go down prior to lights out. All of mine do, about an hour & a half before.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
i also have a set timer, but i have the lights turn on at 8 am & turn off at 9 pm. only bcuz i find him awake a lil after the sun comes up neways.

Latest posts