• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

dbdansby

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m new here and thank you for letting me be a part of this forum. I’m 76 years old and never had a bearded dragon until I adopted Miss Spikey almost a year ago now. Rescued her from Great-Grandson who was way too young to take care of her. She is now about 28 months old. She ate greens, crickets, Dubia roaches and super worms until she went into brumation this year. It was her first time. She woke up about 2 weeks ago and now she want eat any greens or crickets. She will eat an occasional Dubia roach or super worms. It doesn’t matter if I don’t feed her any bugs she want eat her greens. She sticks her tunge out taste them and runs away. Her cool side is 83, her warm side is 87 her basking slate is 102 nothing has changed . She has an 8 foot enclosure. Just can’t get her to eat greens or drink water . She has Arcadia T5 and Halogen 50 plus Ceramic heat emitter and a daylight bulb. 12 hours in and 12 hours off. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4064.jpeg
    IMG_4064.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Your post is just the way we need to see them - very informational! One of our more knowledgeable members will get back to you soon.

Welcome to the Forum!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m new here and thank you for letting me be a part of this forum. I’m 76 years old and never had a bearded dragon until I adopted Miss Spikey almost a year ago now. Rescued her from Great-Grandson who was way too young to take care of her. She is now about 28 months old. She ate greens, crickets, Dubia roaches and super worms until she went into brumation this year. It was her first time. She woke up about 2 weeks ago and now she want eat any greens or crickets. She will eat an occasional Dubia roach or super worms. It doesn’t matter if I don’t feed her any bugs she want eat her greens. She sticks her tunge out taste them and runs away. Her cool side is 83, her warm side is 87 her basking slate is 102 nothing has changed . She has an 8 foot enclosure. Just can’t get her to eat greens or drink water . She has Arcadia T5 and Halogen 50 plus Ceramic heat emitter and a daylight bulb. 12 hours in and 12 hours off. Any suggestions?
Welcome - her appetite will come back slowly - how long did she brumate ? How are you getting your surface basking temps? Slate can get very hot so it's important that your using a digital probe thermometer- older dragons do not like real hot temps- 95-100 is good- when was the last time she drank water?

dbdansby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome - her appetite will come back slowly - how long did she brumate ? How are you getting your surface basking temps? Slate can get very hot so it's important that your using a digital probe thermometer- older dragons do not like real hot temps- 95-100 is good- when was the last time she drank water?
I have an Arcadia T5 12% bulb and a halogen 50 basking bulb. Temps are checked with a digital probe. Cool side 83 warm side 86-87 basking spot is multilayered and checked with the probe top level 103 ,second level 98.

dbdansby

Bearded Dragon Egg
She’s 2 years 4 months old. She has never drank water. Not even when bathing. Which I do mostly 2x a week. I give her a horn worm about 1 x a week.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She’s 2 years 4 months old. She has never drank water. Not even when bathing. Which I do mostly 2x a week. I give her a horn worm about 1 x a week.
What do her poops look like? Are they dark formed moist? The urate white formed and moist?

dbdansby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her poop is firm and her irate is white. She has been to the Vet and was given a clean bill of health . Her Vet is an exotic reptile vet.
I’ve been told it could be hormones and she is acting irratic . Wanting out of her enclosure and window surfing.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Her poop is firm and her irate is white. She has been to the Vet and was given a clean bill of health . Her Vet is an exotic reptile vet.
I’ve been told it could be hormones and she is acting irratic . Wanting out of her enclosure and window surfing.
She could be gravid -- is she doing digging -- I would set up a lay box for her and see what she does
Plain topsoil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

dbdansby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much but the exotic pet vet said she wasn’t. She isn’t digging. Just at a loss in getting her to eat greens and acting crazy.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much but the exotic pet vet said she wasn’t. She isn’t digging. Just at a loss in getting her to eat greens and acting crazy.
What is the behavior after letting her out for a while ? Does she settle down?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you

Yes she does but an hour or 2 later she does the same thinking. She really goes nuts when my husband comes into the room . Which makes no sense as he doesn’t have much to do with her.
I dont know what is going on w/ her -- and your sure its a female? If so I would set up the laybox just to see what she does --- the vet felt for eggs?

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

First off, I just wanted to say, that is terrific you adopted your great grandson's little Beardie, wow
what a big step & a change for you!
The tank setup is amazing, very large. What a lucky girl she is.
As already suggested, just in the case she "could" be developing eggs which would be infertile,
making a laybox might be a good idea. There have been many cases where the vet didn't see any
eggs but the dragon was developing follicles in very early stages.
How often are you planning on giving calcium for her?
The digital thermometer you are using should be very accurate. Once they start coming out of a
brumation it does take a few weeks for their systems to start to normalize. Their metabolism has
been slown down for awhile so it should take just a little time for her to pick up her activity.
Keep offering the greens daily varying it when you can. Try putting some colored bell peppers or
a few berries in to entice her. You could also try sprinkling some bee pollen on top of the greens.
It has been known to stimulate the appetite some.
Do you have pictures of her you could post?

Tracie

dbdansby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

First off, I just wanted to say, that is terrific you adopted your great grandson's little Beardie, wow
what a big step & a change for you!
The tank setup is amazing, very large. What a lucky girl she is.
As already suggested, just in the case she "could" be developing eggs which would be infertile,
making a laybox might be a good idea. There have been many cases where the vet didn't see any
eggs but the dragon was developing follicles in very early stages.
How often are you planning on giving calcium for her?
The digital thermometer you are using should be very accurate. Once they start coming out of a
brumation it does take a few weeks for their systems to start to normalize. Their metabolism has
been slown down for awhile so it should take just a little time for her to pick up her activity.
Keep offering the greens daily varying it when you can. Try putting some colored bell peppers or
a few berries in to entice her. You could also try sprinkling some bee pollen on top of the greens.
It has been known to stimulate the appetite some.
Do you have pictures of her you could post?

Tracie
Thank you so much
I have tried every kind of green on the list of greens BDs can have z I have put bee pollen on them. Tried putting squash, red bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots etc. She runs off and gives you a look like you think I’m eating this, wrong. I’ve tried not giving her anything but veggies and she waits me out. I‘be tried feeding her by hand and holding them in front of her on tongs. I have wiggled them till my fingers get tired. No luck. Thank you again for your support.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpeg
    IMG_3872.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3866.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3870.jpeg
    IMG_3870.jpeg
    663.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3575.jpeg
    IMG_3575.jpeg