• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

Alliegator28

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is my young beardie franky and his roommate is sweet Ernie I have had for a while now they are so sweet I am new to bearded dragons but am learning a lot of good info on your site . How do you all get your roaches out without touching or escaping any suggestions on good removal of breeding box would be much appreciated , there has to be a better way then what I’m doing eeek lol
IMG_0240.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is my young beardie franky and his roommate is sweet Ernie I have had for a while now they are so sweet I am new to bearded dragons but am learning a lot of good info on your site . How do you all get your roaches out without touching or escaping any suggestions on good removal of breeding box would be much appreciated , there has to be a better way then what I’m doing eeek lolView attachment 35333
I would get Franky his own tank--- risk of diseases -- he needs good surface basking temps and dry conditions not humid as turtles require - surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 for a 6 month and younger old dragon - 95-100 for a 6 month old + -- he needs a good UVB NO coils please - long tube fixture -- I can recommend 3 good ones --- Franky is going to need a tank approx 120 gallon for a full size adult dragon -and that will not be long -- as far as feeding the roaches I would feed him in a separate container for now - get your self a pair of tongs to remove and catch the roaches --

Alliegator28

Bearded Dragon Egg
oh My Ernie I covered his ears he is healthy and clean I’ve had him for years and he is a desert tortoise hello so no moss and humidity is PERFECT! the home is huge and at least 4 choices of gradient heat of perfect spots why I’m even defending myself from this attack anyway anyone else have any opinions on removing bugs from a breeding bin a tong seems unlikely a good choice to remove or is this the only person who is allowed to respond . I was truly looking for tips and inside experience as I am not familiar with the bug thing

Alliegator28

Bearded Dragon Egg
anyone Else I am shaking out 15 ish 1/4 inch Dubia roaches from egg crates while trying to keep larger ones from climbing up my arms and removing larger ones 2 times a day seems unlikely experienced people are using tongs for this activity don’t be shy I won’t bite I really want to know how you are doing it ? I am not new to reptiles just new to bugs thank you for your help

Alliegator28

Bearded Dragon Egg
Exactly ! You took away my chance to speak to someone about a problem that I’m having because of your need to bully and martyr , and I think people should be accountable for what they say , if you couldn’t say it to my face why is it okay online I did not say one thing hurtful to you , can u say the same?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Ernie is NOT a desert tortoise. He comes from the steppe in Afghanistan. Bearded dragons come from Australia. Reptiles from different continents should never be housed together. Each has little microorganisms living inside them that they have evolved with and are not harmful to them, but might kill a species that didn't evolve with them.

Also, we don't allow rude behaviour here. This is your first warning. Be nice or you will be banned. Sadie only has your animal's best interest in mind and was trying to help you.

Alliegator28

Bearded Dragon Egg
Russian tortoises are a desert dwelling Species I believe you just want one way here so no worries I’m out . 17years ago I belonged to the hermit crab association and they where just like you I had just learned how to use a computer and posted my awesome setup and was bashed ! funny thing is they all have it now . things change

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
oh My Ernie I covered his ears he is healthy and clean I’ve had him for years and he is a desert tortoise hello so no moss and humidity is PERFECT! the home is huge and at least 4 choices of gradient heat of perfect spots why I’m even defending myself from this attack anyway anyone else have any opinions on removing bugs from a breeding bin a tong seems unlikely a good choice to remove or is this the only person who is allowed to respond . I was truly looking for tips and inside experience as I am not familiar with the bug thing
I'm not an expert, but my best advice is to get over being picky and use your hands. I have fed my dragon by hand since I got her. She is so used to me ,she won't eat from anyone else. Makes my grandson sad, but "Mango" and I bonded from the start. It's tricky with crickets, but doable. Super worms are easy to feed them. I had to not feed her bugs for a while in order for her to eat her veggies, but now she wolves veggies down. I should get her some roaches, but just haven't. She loves dandelions, but I rarely give them to her. Just grab them by a leg and give them. If in a closed space with no where for them to go, just put them down with it. I personally think making them go after their food is better for their health, more natural and more fun for them. I didn't realize Mango could move fast until I accidentally dropped a cricket and she went after it, really fast. Hope you have a long and healthy relationship.

Latest posts