• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all,

Just a quick introduction, ,my name is Laurie and I rescued a beardy for my husbands birthday present.
We are all new to this but are doing just fine so far...I think..., tons of information on the internet...some good...some bad...here's hoping we can get the real facts from all you owners !!!

Harley is one year old, and sweet as can be....very timid when he is removed from his home...but very content and freindly.

Take Care and see you on the forums. :)

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very nice, I hope we can all learn more about Harley! It's wonderful to have another addition to our bearded dragon family. ^3^
If there's anything you need help with, We're the ones to talk to. It's great to know there's another actual member, Because all we've been getting lately were bots or advertisers.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Post pictures when you get around to it, we all like to show off and see the little ones.

You are so right in regards to the amount of info all over the web. It is a lot to take in when there are so many differing opinions out there. Putting down the right substrate, ensuring proper lighting and feeding, all part of it.

Ask as many questions as you like, we are glad to share our opinions as do some of the other members. It is a new forum so hopefully there is more updated info here. We have belonged to several forums in the past and opinions change from year to year as we learn more about the bearded dragon as a species.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here are some pics to start, he is approx 1 year old and is 14 inches in length, though I do not beleive the current owners took good care of him....we are feeding him plenty of crickets, blueberries, apples and bananas, he loves carrots but I was told not to feed them everyday. He is pooping twice a day and it is solid, when he first arrived it was a tat runny, but after a week things are looking up !

handsome.jpg

peekaboo.jpg

sleeping.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fantastic! Your beardie looks very happy.

We have always heard the same about carrots so you seem to have done your research. Hope to see you around the forum...

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Since SJ is still a baby, we're still experimenting with foods xD He loves Dandelion greens, carrots, we offered him a tiny bit of apple and it seemed he liked it because he likes to suck on them. I do too xD
We also give him salad which he doesn't like as much as the dandilion greens. Crickets he used to LOVE, But I think he likes more of the dandilion greens, though xD

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just a note of caution. Your diet is good, but fruits should only be offered on occasion. You need to have daily veggies and greens. Some veggies are carrots, sweet potato, snow peas, green beans, summer squash, red cabbage... Some greens are collard greens, carrot tops, red leaf lettuce, broccoli leaves....

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
randomracoon222 said:
We also give him salad which he doesn't like as much as the dandilion greens. Crickets he used to LOVE, But I think he likes more of the dandilion greens, though xD

Dragons under a year tend not to eat the greens and veggies. However, they should be offered daily so that they can get used to them. They will eat them more when they are an adult.

Our herp vet recently reminded us that bearded dragons are desert animals. They go through spells of gorging and then not eating. However, you should be on the cautious side if your dragon is under a year old and not eating at least 25 crickets a day.

Sorry for the multiple posts, everyone. My mind has been a bit over worked lately! ;D ;D

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Fruit should be more of a twice a week at max thing. I know it's great watching them scarf alot down but fruit will ruin their diet.

Latest posts