• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

rachaelb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! My name is Rachael and this is my brand new Bearded Dragon, Michaelangelo. Aka Mikey. My four year old named him after his favorite Ninja Turtle.
We just got him last night and even though I have done a TON of research I'm a little overwhelmed.
I want to do everything right for him. He has a large terrarium with a screened lid, two different kinds of lights, water dish, ect. And I went crazy last night and Amazon Primed him some branches, a hide, a hammock, an under tank heater...
So far we've offered him shredded carrots, greens, crickets, and water. He hasn't eaten anything and spends most of his time frantically clawing at the glass. Is it best to leave him alone for a few days? Any other tips for a first timer? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180721_095728.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Under my comment there are some links to general care and lighting. Return the under the tank heater. They do not sense heat on their belly well and will burn themselves because they don't know that it's too hot and they need to move. They know that heat comes from the sun and will seek out over head heat. When you say go got 2 different kinds of lights, did you get a heat light and a UVB tube light? They need both.

It usually takes them a few days to a few weeks to settle in. Keep trying to feed him and talk to him all the time so he gets used to your voice. Limit handling until he gets used to you and remember when you do handle him, don't reach over his head to grab him, scoop him up from under his chest.

Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts