• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!! :)

Persei8

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I don't know why I didn't join a bearded dragon forum earlier. I just joined one for parrots as I have never had a bird and needed a good place to get info on all of my questions.

A little bit about our dragons: We got our beardies about 3 years ago from a family who was having to deploy and couldn't take the beardies with them. It really broke my heart taking them as they were the only family pet and all three kids were really attached. Luckily we've stayed friends on facebook over the years, because we had a crazy panic/blessing last year.

We had just gotten a Chinese Water Dragon, Zill (short for Godzilla) from the pet store (I know, bad idea). Unfortunately it did not work out. We came home from vacation to dog poop on the floor with nothing but paper towels over it. It looked as if our roommates at the time had neglected all of our pets for the week we were gone and sadly Zill did not make it. I won't go into detail as to how we found out about it because it's way to brutal.

A couple of days later it looked like Ed was constipated so I put both of them in the bath and tried to help coax it all out. We ended up getting more than we bargained for. Turns out our Ed was more like an Edna. She ended up laying three eggs. That first egg we had already decided to keep. The timing was just too perfect. We already started calling him Zill Jr. None of the eggs ended up hatching :(. We do want to try and have eggs again at least once. We told the family that gave our little couple to us that they could have the first pick of the babies when they are ready since they are now back in the states.

Sorry for the long post. Just excited to share my experiences from these two with new beardie owners, and I'm sure I'll have alot of questions when we start getting ready to mate them.:D

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hi and welcome nice to meet yas wud luv to c a pic :) every one reap friendly on here n we r always happy to help :)

Latest posts