• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, pictures, and drinking question

AJ99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello, i would like to properly introduce myself, my name is AJ, i am new but i have already posted many questions and used this site for great research that fellow members have. I have just purchased (saturday) my breaded dragon, Diesel, i named him/her. I named it diesel because he was the largest of his siblings, ie Beast. ;D. He is doing great, Eating every day around 15 crickets a day, active, and pooping everyday, and sleeping every night. The only thing i really i am worried about is his drinking, i have not seen him drink at all. I have given him a bath everyday, and nothing. He has a bowl, and i have misted his face and just doesnt seem thirsty.
His cage is a 36x18x18 but it is sectioned offed
He is about 7-8 inches and around 1-2 months old
baking spot at 105 107 and cool side is about 85-90
here are some pictures
IMGP1144.jpg

IMGP1148.jpg

IMGP1142.jpg

IMGP1140.jpg

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello! You have a beautiful pooper!! :D

I have done a bit of research on this topic as I was very frightened when I first got Puff (He wasn't drinking either)
I've learned that the majority of beardies don't actually drink from a dish. Perhaps they don't know how? If trained as a little tiny baby pooper it may be possible but from what I've heard it's a lost cause.
Beardies can suffer dehydration, even though they come from the desert, so you must continue to supply the water! There are was to do this other than a dish. You said you mist him? Good! Continue to do so! I would even suggest spraying the glass or some of the foliage. Poopers react to the movement and if they see that drip it may catch their interest. Be careful when spraying the enclosure though, if it gets too humid your pooper may become irritated.
My beardie, Puff, doesn't care for the misting. He gets a weekly bath and sometimes he will take a big gulp.
The best way to keep him hydrated is to provide fresh fruits and veggies. These have a lot of water in them. I always spray my food dish first to give it that extra bit of water!
And even though nutritionally, romaine lettuce isn't recommended, I think for the water value it is terrific.

AJ99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Great thank you! i will keep at it and hopefully he will start drinking from his baths

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just agreeing that it is a 50/50 shot if your beardie drinks water. Misting is great and you can try and shoot the mister in his mouth...he will lick his lips, so to speak. ;D

Baths are important for many reasons. It helps hydrate bearded dragons along with helps with the shedding process.

Latest posts