• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello new beardie owner, Chicago

Vakisha

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello i recently bought a beardie from the reptile expo in tinley. He is so scared of us right now. Ive had him for a few minths now. When i first got him i had no problem picking him up now im scared because hes scared. Do you knkw of anyone that does house calls? I need someone to come teach me how to handle him properly

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wear a scarf for a couple of days – no perfume – get your body sent on the scarf. put the scarf in the tank. he will get used to your smell via the scarf. If you fear him he will fear you. you have no reason to fear him this can take some time but you will get there. start by putting your hand in the tank slowly don'tTouch him. repeat this until you are comfortable putting your finger under his beard sroke the beard - back off. repeat. proceed with two fingers underbelly repeat. don't pick him up from above that's where predators strike from. put your hand underneath him. when you can pick him up in the tank do so but don't take him out of the tank. repeat for several days. take him out of the Tank for like two seconds put it back in the tank. slowly increase the out of tank time. Do this all with love. And patience

Latest posts