• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, I'm new and have a question.

TwiAly

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all! :) I'm Aly, I'm from CO, and currently have 2 baby bearded dragons, Saphira and Brisingr. I have know idea if they are boys or girls. Brisingr is quite a bit bigger than Saphira, and they hatched just a couple of days apart.

Can someone give me a good guide on feeding do's and dont's? Also Saphira used to loved crickets but for the last couple of weeks she hasn't has any interest in them at all and just runs away from them, is there something else I can give her instead of them? They are getting other fruits and veggies as per the breeders instructions, but he didn't really tell me what veggies/fruits were good and which where no no's. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Aly

gauchotillidie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
congrats on your new babies!
i don't know how old they were when you got them but if your picture is recent they look pretty young. it'll be difficult to sex them until they're about 4 months old. google searching "bearded dragon sexing" should pull some some good guides on figuring out whether your darlings are ladies or gentlemen.

general guideline to fruits - don't give them fruits high in acidity (citrus, etc.)
they love romaine lettuce and bell pepper. my first bearded dragon LOVED shelled edamame soy beans (no salt of course). never feed a baby beardie anything bigger than the space between their eyes!

good luck with your little ones!

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome

A friend of mine has 2 wee ones also, the bigger one is eating like a champ and the smaller one does exactly what yours does. Used to eat crickets, now runs from them
1st we are now altering cricks with roach nymphs and we figured out the smaller one was scared of the cricks.....so we got smaller one and he is hunting away again with the smaller ones. Maybe yours is scared also.....try a smaller feeder cricket and see if it makes a difference, or like we did, get some roach nymphs to alternate feeds in case yours is bored with crickets and wants some variety

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh yeah and as for salads.....babies are like kids in that way. Dont want to eat their veggies.....but its ok cos they need more potein anyways. Just keep offering salads to them, they will eventually start to eat it.
Try chopping up some butternut and snap peas mixed with rocket and mustard or collards. I have yet to come across a dragon who refuses butternut. If you heat the butternut slightly it enhances the smell and theyre attracted to it even more.

Romaine lettuce is really good for only ONE thing and it is water (hydration) It has absolutely NO NUTRITION, so feed it if yours is dehydrated and mixed in with the good stuff like
Mustard
Rocket
Butternut
Collards
Red, green or yellow Peppers
Snap peas
Green beans
Turnip Tops (Not the turnip)
Carrot Tops (not carrots)

Latest posts