• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello - I'm a newbie!!

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello guys and gals, I am new here. Well, I've posted twice before when I first registered but not since and thought it was about time I said a proper hello and introduced our two absolutely cutie bearded dragons; Sydney and Amber!!

We've had Sydney for six months now (she was three months when we first got her and she has grown so FAST) and Amber (a Sandfire bearded dragon) we got one month ago; she is now four months old - they live together and at first there was a bit of a scenario going on but now they are the best of buddies. Sydney has taken a shine to carrying Amber around on her back - it is so sweet to watch. But the best one is when the bowl of salad went into the tank - at first Amber had no idea what to do so she watched Sydney for about five minutes then started to copy resulting in them being feeding buddies now - they are great!!!

For some reason the system won't allow me to upload a photo but as soon as it does I will let you all see my two cute girls!

If you have any news, stories or tips I'd love to hear them!!

Laura

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello and welcome to the forum! I am glad to hear that you got two wonderful beardies. But, it is potentially dangerous to house them together. They could fight and get injured. and if one is a baby, the bigger one WILL eat it. Sorry if i sound mean or bossy or anything, just wanna give some helpfull advice.

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey, thanks for your advice. I've been told by loads of people that two females, or a male/female are fine but its two males who fight and ours are both female. They've been great together and to be honest there really isn't much of a difference in their size. Amber may only be four months but she is quite a size.

Wish I could show you guys but this system won't allow me to upload any photos.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Okay! thats awesome that you have them! Im glad that their both females. I wish you could upload photos! ;)

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Me too, I can't wait to show them off - they are my two little girls, so very cute :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome. Yeah unfortunately there is no truly safe combination of beardies, although of all the pairs two females MIGHT be able to. This is the problem...even if they don't fight, one will dominate. You could possible see one getting more food than the other. The other could suffer health wise. Also, they can fight. Sad to say, many will fight to the death. Personally I would have them in their own separate lairs, but of course, it is totally your choice. Just giving you the information.

Enough said....

To post pics
1. upload to www.photobucket.com
2. copy the last line...the URL line
3. come here and just paste it.
If it says it is too big, use photobuckets image resizer and resize it.

Hope that helps and I can't wait to see pics.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cant wait for the pics.

I have to just confirm/agree with Lisa. Please watch them carefully if youre gonna keep them together.
Like Lisa said, we can give advise, but it is your choice.
And if any signs occur, rather separate them asap, before something bad happens.

Best of luck with them, and posting the pics.
Here is a link to a post on how to use photobucket
http://mybeardie.com/bearded-dragon...isual-how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket/

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OOooh thank you so much for your Photobucket help - I'm on my way over there now so watch this space ..

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello again, Laura. I'll just give you a link to an article contributed by Crypticdragons (Brian), one of our members who happens to be a breeder.

Housing Multiple Bearded Dragons

Can't wait to see the little ones.

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh thanks for that article Renee.
I found this section useful though:

"There is a time when housing multiple bearded dragons will work. It has been known that two females of the same age and same approximate size may be housed together successfully. On the other hand, housing two males in the same scenario will end with one or both dragons severely maimed and disfigured or possibly even dead. Housing a male and a female together will result in the male repeatedly mating with the female, which will end up with a stressed female, which could be fatal or the female having egg binding, which is fatal."

Ours are both female and seem fine. No fighting at all.

However a close eye will be kept on them at all times.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome. I will just say my piece on housing together and let it be. I don't think this is such a great idea. When you said one will ride on the back of another, this worried me, that is normally a sign of dominance not playing as cute as it may be. I wish you luck with housing them together and can't wait to see pictures.

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It still won't allow me t upload a photo on here and when I went to Photobucket I'd lost my login (as its been so lnog since I've been on) and I've requested the login details to be sent but that was two days ago now and nothing has still come through ... what are they playing at?

If someone has a Photobucket account, I could email them a pic and they could upload it for me ... any takers??

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK, here goes.........

Laura's PIC

IMG00222-20100623-153a1.jpg

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Arrrr thank you so much. Don't know why it wouldnt allow me to upload ... ???

Latest posts