• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from North Carolina

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
View attachment 1278 Hi ya! My name is Tracy and I'm a new mama of Egon- my male 3.5 year beardie. Working on a new tunnel system from Egon for his big castle :) Will post pics soon. Just a quick hello for now :)

Attachments

• me.JPG
    me.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 11

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Tracy,

WelcomeToTheForums.jpg

Sounds neat! Curious as to how the tunnel system works out for you, as BDs generally aren't tunnel type animals.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to say BUT ............

I really don't recommend the use of Excavator Clay. Just like you said, add water and make it Ground, which is exactly what will happen if ingested & lead to impaction. Worse than Calci-Sand.

This is the products own warning:
Warnings:
Not for use with under tank heaters (thick and/or dense substrate may cause excess heat to build-up). Avoid getting Excavator substrate on clothes or any household items as staining may occur. Place your reptile's food in a feeding dish to avoid accidental ingestion of substrate which may cause impaction.
The risk of ingestion is not only when they are eating, BDs test & explore their environment with their tongue. Live prey & greens, rarely all stays in a dish. If it will stain clothes & household items, what do you think it will do to the BD's skin & insides? A very bad, unhealthy choice of substrate for a BD. There is also much fluid expelled along with BD poop to soak into it.

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
Okay.. I was actually going to only do a portion with excavator sand... the food and drink would be on the otherwise where I have reptile carpet. This was going to be near his basket spot.. and it was only going to be in 2 corners.... hmm.. I wanted different levels.. maybe I need to rethink it then.

Latest posts