• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Kansas City

SideShowMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Y'all! I'm SideShowMom (as in a carnival or circus side show, not pictures shown on a screen), originally named after the infamous Sideshow Mel of the Simpsons, then I had kids! I'm a stay-at-home mom, gardener, artist, crazy person and everything else that needs done. The kids are teen and pre-teen monsters...darlings and one of each flavor. Hubby is the bread and money winner who keeps me in bread and money. I have a whole menagerie of critters; 1 dog, 3 cats, 1 dove, 1 rabbit, 2 guinnea pigs, lots of goldfish and koi in the ponds outside, a Russian tortoise, a Ball Python, a Crested Gecko and...a Bearded Dragon! The last two we just got last weekend at the Repticon show. I had snakes for a while when I was younger and finally talked Hubby into letting me get another one this spring in return for agreeing to get the rabbit. The kids decided they liked him and wanted (more) reptiles of their own (my son already had the Russian tort since last summer). Daughter fell for the baby (and adult) dragons at a show in July and set her heart on getting one of her own. I have the space and unused tanks, so we talked Hubby out of some cash! Son hadn't made up his mind, but knew he wanted another reptile, so we talked to lots of folks about the kind of pet he wanted and decided on a Cresty. I'm the one who does all the research (they had to do some, too, and there was a great Q&A on dragons at the show) so they can ask me all the stuff they don't want to look up and I can remind them that dragon needs a bath today or cresty needs cgd changed tonight. I just love sharing my life with animals and reptiles are my favorites!

Our dragon's name is Rhaenyra after the half-sister of Aegon II who had been eaten by his dragon in the Song of Ice and Fire books of George R R Martin. She is 9 weeks old, a hypo 50% het trans, 22 grams and 8 1/2 inches long. A sweet girl!

Rhaenyra.jpg Her iHerp page is here.

I look forward to learning all I can about her care and meeting another group of Herp folks!

Latest posts