• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Central FL....Have a couple newbie questions

jaymillz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello my name is James I am from Central Florida. I am currently looking for my first dragon. I have a few questions before I pull the trigger and buy one. What is a better sex to own for dragons? Is there a big difference in care between the two sex? Different accommodations? Thank you ahead of time for any help.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome Jay. They both have the same accommodations. Females may need a lay box, since they can lay eggs even without a male present. Other than that they typically act the same.

I own one of each and I can tell you the main difference between the two is my male turned into a little, well...horn dog as soon as he turned one, LOL! Honestly though I don't know if I would have noticed that if I didn't also have a female.

My female has def been the easiest of the two to take care off. She is 2 and very sweet and mild mannered. Where my boy is sweet but has a bit of a wild streak and took us awhile to tame him. I think though that is just a personality thing between dragons not necessarily a male/female thing.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The difference between boy and girl is pointless like Patsy said. You want to find a dragon you connect to. Believe it or not I have refused a few (stop laughing guy's) that just didn't vibe with me.

Latest posts