• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone

Blackhawk007

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are new to the site and just wanted to say hi. Can't really own a reptile with out being a member of that particular forum right. We just got our first bearded dragon and wanted to also share some pics. We have a chameleon but they don't like to be handled much, so we decided to pick up this guy since they are rather different on the handling side of things. I trust the opinion of the reptile shop where I got him since I deal with them for my chameleon things, but you see there is something to critique then please do. They say he is 2 months old. I have him in a 36 gallon long aquarium ( basically a really short 55 gallon) with a 5.o UV lamp, and a 100w basking lamp at one end. This is providing 102 degrees at one end and about 73 at the other.

2012-05-03_14-40-40_613.jpg

2012-05-03_14-08-32_80.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He is such a cutie! These guys need dessert UVB lamps though, the 10.0 ones, keep that on the same side as the basking light. You want basking temps right around 110 (taken RIGHT at the basking spot) for the babies and cool side should be 80-85. Don't want your lil guy to come down with a respiratory infection or anything.

Blackhawk007

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is such a cutie! These guys need dessert UVB lamps though, the 10.0 ones, keep that on the same side as the basking light. You want basking temps right around 110 (taken RIGHT at the basking spot) for the babies and cool side should be 80-85. Don't want your lil guy to come down with a respiratory infection or anything.

Excellent, thank you. I will get a 10.0 ordered. Does it matter that the cage is only 13" tall? As for temps, I will also bring these up. This was just what he needed us to hear.

Oh you mentioned to keep it on the same side. The bulb runs the whole length of the cage. So I can't really change the side that its on because everywhere.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent, thank you. I will get a 10.0 ordered. Does it matter that the cage is only 13" tall? As for temps, I will also bring these up. This was just what he needed us to hear.

Oh you mentioned to keep it on the same side. The bulb runs the whole length of the cage. So I can't really change the side that its on because everywhere.
Oh, that's great then! You have a tube, so you probably have them on the same side somewhere in there lol. The height doesn't matter nearly as much as the length, as long as they can get cool and warm, and aren't able to get dangerously close to the lights.

Latest posts