• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Everyone

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I am new here; and firstly I would like to introduce my baby dragon; Smaug (yes from LoTR)

I have done a fair share of research before getting Smaug; however I still have so much to learn and I hope to meet and learn a lot from and with you guys and gals on here.

I will upload more pics in a little;

Before then I have a quick question; (not so quick my apologies)

My little guy seems to love climbing the foam background piece and sitting on it; not sure if this is a security thing for him or what; but he goes as high up as he can and either relaxes there for a little OR climbs all over across the enclosure.

My temps are spot on (at least I think so)
Basking:
Bottom of the enclosure 95
middle of the basking log 100ish
top of the basking log 110

From Hot side to Cool (During Day Ambient) 85 - 80
From Hot side to Cool (Night time Ambient) 73 - 75 (The change in temp is due to the ceramic heat emitter sitting on the cool side.

Humidity is between 30% and 50% never above 50%,

Important Notes:
I did just get him today; he came through post.
I let him into the enclosure as soon as I got him out of the box; and let him do his thing for an hour or two. Introduced some food that I got along with him (Nymph Dubias) small for his size.

He chased the ones I allowed to run around and gobbled them up. Then not wanting the roaches to go under the repticarpet I got a plastic dish that they couldn't get out of and let him go to town at his own discretion. (He ate some more).

I have shredded Collard Greens/Kale/Cucumber in his food dish

Water in the other; however from my understanding he won't be using it too much; and hasn't even noticed it's existence.

My question is;

Is it OK to let him climb on that foam background?

I am worried hes going to fall and wreck himself; being so tiny right now.....

He seems to be ok; and looks to love running around jumping all over the place like a fun runner....

Any Advice is greatly and always appreciated;

Thanks in advance and I look forward to speaking with everyone and helping out if I know the right answer! :)

Attachments

• DSC02741.JPG
    DSC02741.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 12

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and welcome to your little one what a cutie!! great colors! You sure have done your research nicely done!!

Latest posts