• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all!

keiferlou

Bearded Dragon Egg
20130824_165309 1.jpg 20130828_160504.jpg 20130913_123223.jpg 20130901_095211.jpg 20130910_172826.jpg 20130911_103837.jpg 20130915_101442.jpg

New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my BD kids :) We got our first BD in August at a reptile show. He was born 4/26/13 and we named him King Leonidas. I do not know what color he is but his parents were brightly colored and beautiful, as is he. We went to this reptile show with the intent of getting either a leopard gecko or BD. Leo obviously won us over with his personality. He is a funny little guy and fascinating to watch and interact with! A couple of weeks after we got him, my husbands co-worker gave us his 2 year old BD because his son got to where he wasn't interested in him anymore. He likes to cuddle and is currently working his way into brumation. We renamed his Xerxes. Leonidas and Xerxes. Yes, we like the movie 300 :) In addition to the BD's, residents of the zoo include 3 human kids; 2 axolotls, Frank and Beans; 2 dogs, Gus and Lorie Darlin'; 2 cats, Rebel and Chester; and 10 freshwater fish who I will not go through all the names of.

Attached pics of Leonidas and Xerxes. Anybody know what color Leo is?

Looking forward to learning more about these guys and talking to you all :)

Last edited:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
3.jpg

One thing that I noticed in the pic is that you are housing your 2 BDs together, 2 males AND different sizes :eek: . This is a serious accident in the making, a triple whammy. You may come home to carnage that you won't soon forget. These beautiful creatures are quite docile when it come to Humans, but can be be too often not very nice to each other.

Please check out the article (or video/slideshow of the same article.) hi-lited in red, below, along with the other helpful links.

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

UVB Setup

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?
How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Good Luck

keiferlou

Bearded Dragon Egg
They don't stay together. They were only together for pics and closely watched :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

keiferlou

Bearded Dragon Egg
The big 6' long tank in the background of first pic does house them both WITH a solid divider in the middle. As soon as I can get the proper lights for what used to be my CWD tank, Xerxes will be moved to his own 6' tank similar to the one they're separated in now. Thanks for your concern though. I do appreciate it :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts