• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
It's just a 4 inch heat pad on a thermostat set to 80f incase they wanted a warm spot at night.
I don't know how long I'll have them. A few weeks? Vet said they should show improvement by then if they're going to improve. Then they have to go back to their owner.
I know they should not stay together. Especially with the two doing so much better. But they go back to the same situation I got them from, so I need them to be doing GREAT, no just okay before they go back. Can't afford anything much else for a paycheck or two. This foster was an impulse move just to try to keep them alive

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's just a 4 inch heat pad on a thermostat set to 80f incase they wanted a warm spot at night.
I don't know how long I'll have them. A few weeks? Vet said they should show improvement by then if they're going to improve. Then they have to go back to their owner.
I know they should not stay together. Especially with the two doing so much better. But they go back to the same situation I got them from, so I need them to be doing GREAT, no just okay before they go back. Can't afford anything much else for a paycheck or two. This foster was an impulse move just to try to keep them alive
They will not survive if they go back to the same living conditions they were in --- no amount of good condition they are in will not keep if they go back to bad surface temps and bad UVB --- that is the root of their health and behavior --- the over night temps of 80 is good it will help the sicker one w/ his immune system --- the others if healthy enough do not need it --

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
They will not survive if they go back to the same living conditions they were in --- no amount of good condition they are in will not keep if they go back to bad surface temps and bad UVB --- that is the root of their health and behavior --- the over night temps of 80 is good it will help the sicker one w/ his immune system --- the others if healthy enough do not need it --
I know. But I can't kidnap them. I guess I sort of thought they'd all recover at the same pace and I could pass everything; lights, hides, decor on back with them and that he'd upgrade as needed. I don't even know if he planned to keep them or sell them or what. Didn't ask. Just wanted, no, needed to help them. Seeing a creature hurt or in need makes me feel ill. I have at least a few weeks to find out and plan.
I didn't plan on getting a beardie for myself for several years. The lighting is a turn off, too many options, too much contradiction in information. But mostly because I'd want a 2x4x3 bioactive badass enclosure for an adult, and I've priced it. $$$$

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know. But I can't kidnap them. I guess I sort of thought they'd all recover at the same pace and I could pass everything; lights, hides, decor on back with them and that he'd upgrade as needed. I don't even know if he planned to keep them or sell them or what. Didn't ask. Just wanted, no, needed to help them. Seeing a creature hurt or in need makes me feel ill. I have at least a few weeks to find out and plan.
I didn't plan on getting a beardie for myself for several years. The lighting is a turn off, too many options, too much contradiction in information. But mostly because I'd want a 2x4x3 bioactive badass enclosure for an adult, and I've priced it. $$$$
Dragons do not recover at the same time - the sickest one may not make it and even if he does he wont survive going back into bad conditions - I dont know the cost of bioactive enclosures but I can post a website that would give you more info and the tank size you would want a 4x2x2 tank --

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah, I'm kinda in love with the biodudes products. Every critter I own is bioactive and set up with his substrates and thriving. My sickest one HAS to make it. As many hours as I've spent coaxing and caring, I'm a bit attached. Im a sucker for an underdog.The way s/he looks at you with those eyes that were once dull and barely open but now are so alert and sharp. I know I'm attributing too much intelligence, but I swear it knows I'm trying to help. Secretly named him/her Norbert/Norberta. So I refuse to let it die. Nope nope nope.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I'm kinda in love with the biodudes products. Every critter I own is bioactive and set up with his substrates and thriving. My sickest one HAS to make it. As many hours as I've spent coaxing and caring, I'm a bit attached. Im a sucker for an underdog.The way s/he looks at you with those eyes that were once dull and barely open but now are so alert and sharp. I know I'm attributing too much intelligence, but I swear it knows I'm trying to help. Secretly named him/her Norbert/Norberta. So I refuse to let it die. Nope nope nope.
Well I hope she/he pulls thru for you- the correct surface basking temps and the good UVB are going to help in the recovery of this little one- is he / she eating?

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
Well I hope she/he pulls thru for you- the correct surface basking temps and the good UVB are going to help in the recovery of this little one- is he / she eating?
Yes. Not much, but since he ate nothing for days except a few sips of water, it's an improvement.
Friday: AM: 40% pedialyte/60 water soak in morning, 1/2 an xs dubia squished mixed with a drop of the the above mix and 2 drops of juice aqueezed from a strawberry dusted with rep-cal calcium with vD. PM: 3 drops of water from a dropper, 4 xs dubias dusted with same

Saturday: AM 40/60 pedialyte soak, 4 drops water, 4 xs dubias dusted. PM 3 drops water, 4 xs dubias dusted

Sunday AM: 3 drops water, 5xs dusted dubias PM: only 2 drops water, no dubias, but enough energy to look around alot and move extremities. Cant stand or crawl, but able to wiggle and push self around encolure.

I'm offering/ecouraging food and water twice on days I work at 0730 and 1600. Off for two days so will offer every three hours those days. He looks a little less flat and lumpy, but far from looking good. Still pale. I don't know if that's just how he looks, but siblings were also just as pale before improvement, now they are a grayish brown with orange marks on back

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
I didn't do a soak this morning. I was worried about overdoing it, and he's accepting water from a dropper now.
Not sure if it matters, but had foul, ammonia smelling pure liquid stool on Thursday. Friday, fully liquid stool without the odor. Saturday stool mostly liquid, but with formed stuff too and no noted odor