• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all!

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good day! Excited to be a part of the bearded dragon community!

I am a fairly new dragon owner but have raised many other reptiles and other animals. Love my pets! Now i love my pet dragons.

Here's my absolutely fav guy lately. Still waiting to name him but he is starting to look like a daredevil. This pic (if i can figure out upload here) is how he sleeps EVERY night! He gets up there about an hour before his lights go out and is always there when i get up in the morning. Surprised he doesn't roll off! Considering putting a pillow under him!

Nice to meet you all and looking forwsrd to hearing about your dragons!

Tami

20181126_205445.jpg

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
Btw we finally got a name for this big boy and it's Garfield! He eats like a pig, hatched 7/13. At 4.5 months old he is 14 inches and chubby (no scale yet to weigh him). In the process of starting a dubia colony just to feed him! He's orange but hard to tell in pic since he is shedding right now.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very handsome fella! I would be afraid of him falling too lol I put my kiddos to bed each night lol
BTW do you have an alternate way of measuring temps? they stick on ones are not accurate as they only measure the temp of the glass.. Use a IR temp gun way more accurate.

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
Very handsome fella! I would be afraid of him falling too lol I put my kiddos to bed each night lol
BTW do you have an alternate way of measuring temps? they stick on ones are not accurate as they only measure the temp of the glass.. Use a IR temp gun way more accurate.
I have a digital thermometer and an Infrared gun. Keep the digital probe close to the basking spot.The stick on one's came with the tank. They do help keep an eye on the temp as long as you have an idea of the way they read (which is inaccurate ... usually 7-10 degrees low) so I left them in. But thank you for the concern!

Now ... can you think of a safe pillow to put under him at night ? ☺

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have three different vivs to spot check .. needed that Infared gun! Watch the basking areas pretty close.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
I made a pillow filled with rice and lavender buds that works really nice and I made a pillow case too. it can be microwaved to warm it up too ,my baby is a spoiled little girl. lol

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
I made a pillow filled with rice and lavender buds that works really nice and I made a pillow case too. it can be microwaved to warm it up too ,my baby is a spoiled little girl. lol
Great idea! Garfield is getting spoiled too! Did you use regular cloth?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a digital thermometer and an Infrared gun. Keep the digital probe close to the basking spot.The stick on one's came with the tank. They do help keep an eye on the temp as long as you have an idea of the way they read (which is inaccurate ... usually 7-10 degrees low) so I left them in. But thank you for the concern!

Now ... can you think of a safe pillow to put under him at night ? ☺
I would just say something that isn't too fluffy so he doesn't get flipped over they can have a hard time righting themselves and they can not breath upside down. Maybe just several layers of fleece.

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would just say something that isn't too fluffy so he doesn't get flipped over they can have a hard time righting themselves and they can not breath upside down. Maybe just several layers of fleece.
Using rice seems good for that too!

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
Garfield continues to hang on the VERY edge of his hammock to sleep. Gave him a blankie below at night in case he rolls off tho. He heads up there every night about a half hour before his light goes off. Silly boy. I also had to put him on a dubia diet (he was getting fat pockets on his chest!). He will eat till you stop feeding him! I put the dubias in a plastic bag and he has actually grabbed the bag by jumping the 18" to the top of his enclosure trying to get them! As fat as he is surprised he could jump like that! A lot more careful now. Don't want him to take a bite of plastic! I can already tell he is gonna be a handful. So funny and sweet!

20181214_214624.jpg

Tami

Bearded Dragon Egg
Before the diet. Proud and FAT lol. I hated limiting his dubias but he is eating his salad now too. Gotta keep him healthy. He turned 5 months old on the 13th of December

20181213_221001.jpg

Latest posts