• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all!

diredragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey, I'm a long time beardie lover and now a beginning breeder. My two babies are Gideon and Jezzabell, though sadly I'm unaware of what morph or genetics they posess... I've had bearded dragons in the past and managed to acquire these two from chance so it wasn't like I picked them out specifically. The poor girl who had them before didn't know they were male and female and before she knew it they were laying eggs. Not able to care for them under the circumstances, I took them off her hands to make sure they could get the care they needed.
Now I find myself searching to find out anything I can about breeding these wonderful creatures. I know the basics and can raise the hatchlings but I would eventually like to work at a Hypo Citrus Tiger strain but sadly no one is willing the teach me the complexities of the genetics and my searches on the internet have proved fruitless

I'm here to learn and always willing to soak up any info that can be given.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay.
for info on the breeding side of things post this thread up in breeding section there are many reputable breeders on this forum and i hope you get all the advice you require
paul

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard,
Nice things and other stuff.
Im going to set you on the road to your next headache...lol
Someone showed this to me when I started and im passing it on.
Simply google bearded dragon genetics. The 1st link talks about hypos, leathers, translucents anf silks.
I found it a good read and a starting point.
Tom

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there... resident Roach Queen ! I actually have that information Tom mentioned on my desktop as a reference... Amongst other miscellaneous information... Just hollar...
Welcome to our 'little" family !
now... may we have pictures pretty please ? lol
Janie- Roach Queen

diredragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Gideon__s_Bear_by_diredragon.jpg

This is Gideon, my big boy. He has an odd attachement to that stuffed bear :p
Poor thing is missing a back foot and I'm not even sure what happened. Definately doesn't let it slow him down, though.
It doesn't show in the picure but he's got orange on his back and head and charcoal on his beard. When he's trying to show off to his lady he goes bright orange

Gid_and_Jezzy_by_diredragon.jpg

Jezzabell is the one furthest away in my hand. She's close to a pastel's coloring without being a pastel. She's very shy, quite the opposite of Gideon, so I generally don't take her out as often. Don't want to stress her out

On top of the beardies, I have experience with Chinese Water Dragons, Leopard Geckos, and Viper Geckos. My best friend is actually in the process of breeding out a Blazing Blizzard Leopard Gecko and hoping to one day get a Diablo Blanco.
Basically, lizards are not only my life but the life of those around me too lol
Also breed my own mealworms, giant mealworms, and superworms. Hoping to one day get my hands on some roaches but they aren't exactly overly available out here.

That thing in google, was it a page just titled 'Genetics'? Found that, now have a copy of it on my deskt top yay!.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your beardies. It's great you are able to take them under your wing!

This won't answer your genetic questions, but here is a link about breeding beardies. It was written by one of our forum members (crypticdragons) who also happens to be a breeder.

Breeding Bearded Dragons

As Paul pointed out, there is a Breeder Chat board. Post your questions there and our breeder members will be glad to help you out. I'm always amazed at how open they are to discuss tactics and what not.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Depending on your location in the world, they are attainable...
Roaches I meant... Dubias..
Janie

diredragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awesome, I have that page saved now too. Definately didn't know some of the stuff on that sheet

I'll very much so be posting questions. As embarassing as it is, the only breeding experience I have with egg-laying creatures is chickens and they are VERY different in how you care for them eh heh

I luvvers my beardies and just want them to be the happiest I can make them. Did you know that they like to watch tv? When I take Gideon out he's always fascinated by the video games and his favorite show is House.
How do I know this? Because if anything else is on, the tv is boring to him. But when House is on, his little eyes are glued to the screen
Jezzabell likes Monk and The Mentalist

The roaches... I'm in Utah and so far the only way I've found to attain them is through online ordering and my experience with mail order bugs has been... uninspiring

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah... Not to worry... go to see AaronPauling.com... Tell him Janie sent ya... He's in Az so a couple of days shipping for you. Nice guy and backs up his product... I've ordered from him in the past, and other than the wait time, I live on the east coast, I have always been quite satisfied.
Janie

Latest posts