• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

heating

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I re-arranged my set up and now my temps are lower than normal. I have the basking rock the same distance away from the heating lamp, but flip flopped the hot and cold sides. I even added another flat rock on top of the basking spot to get it closer to the light and nothing... right now my temps are reading around 98 degrees. I moved it back the way I had it originally, I'll check the temps in an hour or so and see if there is any change. Does anyone know whey this might have happened? Could my heating bulb be losing it's heating properties some how?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Natasha...Just curious but do you have a fan running in the room that your enclosure is in? Reason I am asking is that in the room that Mungi is in I do have a small fan that run to help circulate the air.I keep it on low and the air current to me is barely noticable but I found out that it is enough current that if I move things around such as re-positioning Mungi's lighting in his current enclosure that the air flow from the fan will pretty significantly effect the temps in his tank. Actually doesn't take much of a move to do it either let alone a total reversal of his set up.
Same thing applies in other rooms where we have various enclosures. We have ceiling fans in most and in the wintertime for instance when we change fan directions to optimize our homes heating I have to adjust lights in some of our other enclosures.
Just a thought:D
Enjoy you day;-)

Latest posts