• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

heat light on cool side

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
can i put a heat light on the cool side of Yoyo's tank to get the temp up a little bit? It's getting cooler here in ny and his temps are only 73 on the cool side.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Perhaps not a heat light, per say... but certainly a house hold bulb say 40-60w.
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i understsnd i dont need temps up that high but like janie said a low level wattage just to bring it back into the low to mid 80. Oh and his viv is 36 inches long.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Go with a 25 w then. straight down. that should raise your temps around 5*F. That's what you are looking for, yes ?
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
5-7 give or take... and lay in a supply of the 40's too.. If you are that cool now, just think what the temps will be in 30-60 days ;)
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes it does. Especially since i just bought this viv and am still trying to get temps right from the moving.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did you decide to get a heat emitter? It did the trick during winter months for me.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
As soon as i have the extra money. have 2 kids with birthdays 2 weeks apart so kinda low on funds at the moment

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, I was curious cuz I know we discussed it on another post and I feel your pain. We are also planning for 2 bday bashes in October. It's a lot of work. But fun! ;D

Then, as everyone else suggests, I would increase your wattage of a regular household bulb to get your temps up.

Latest posts