• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heartache

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I'm seriously fed up with the lack of adequate care with every pet shop in my area when it comes to reptiles :( everywhere i go the small, furry animals seem to be well fed and clean but i'm always disgusted when i go into the reptile section.
I went to a large, well known garden centre yesterday that stocks pets and the bearded dragons where stick thin! -my Mum asked me if Willow was really fat or if these guys were really skinny but it was obvious it was the latter :S there were no veggies available and they were all so dehydrated and skinny but still had just enough energy to search for food.

It makes my heart physically ache when i think those guys could even end up in an even worse home than they have now :( how can someone be so heartless and un-educated to look the other way

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm seriously fed up with the lack of adequate care with every pet shop in my area when it comes to reptiles :( everywhere i go the small, furry animals seem to be well fed and clean but i'm always disgusted when i go into the reptile section.
I went to a large, well known garden centre yesterday that stocks pets and the bearded dragons where stick thin! -my Mum asked me if Willow was really fat or if these guys were really skinny but it was obvious it was the latter :S there were no veggies available and they were all so dehydrated and skinny but still had just enough energy to search for food.

It makes my heart physically ache when i think those guys could even end up in an even worse home than they have now :( how can someone be so heartless and un-educated to look the other way
Poor things! They just need to get someone a little more educated in charge of them. Complain to the manager, it may do some good! My little hatchlings are so well fed their bellies drag on the ground even hours after a feeding ;) that's how they should look.

Latest posts