• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Healthy or Too big

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
Just a question is my beardie healthy or is she too big she is 3 months old..

When I first got her
imag0419z.jpg

Today
imagejpeg210y.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-09

Pat B

Super Moderator
Haha....your dragon is beautiful and looks very healthy from your pics. An obese dragon is my Spike after he has eaten about 10 large crickets!! His tummy is sooo fat but he gets rid of it the next day....lol. :eek:

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the compliment and I will be sure to pass that onto Mungi;-) And yep, he's the same way...fills his belly til I swear he's part pot-bellied pig and then the next day almost like clockwork he empties out the trash so to speak and looks like a pancake when spreads out on his basking platform..lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It would be much easier to tell from a side view perspective, but from what I can tell, your BD looks perfectly healthy!

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
10 lg crickets Pat B.....You should see Spazz put them away....OMW :eek:...16....He used to stop when full....nope not anymore....Thats 2 times a day. his belly drags and beard extended...

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
I think my baby looks SO cute after eating a lot because he has this beer belly and then just like Mungi stated he looks like a pancake but kind of a fat pancake LOL and sometimes I get worried and think he is impacted but then when he does his poops I get all excited and realize he is fine hehe! He is almost 4 months old but he is still small so I still get small crickets but occasionally some medium crickets get mixed in with the small ones and they aren't too big so sometimes I will give them to him and then I worry they are too big but I am just a huge worry wart and he always is fine in the end. :)

Latest posts