• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Head is shedding

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Her head is shedding and it looks like hes nostrils are blocked any way i can help her ?

shedding 6-22-13 2.jpg
shedding 6-22-13.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh. Whenever Allie sheds her ears, eyes, and nostrils, she always rubs herself on my fingers. It shocks me that she would use me as an itch reliever. :D You can try some misting the head and using a q-tip with warm water to help with the shed in the nostril and pulling the loose skin isn't a great idea because it can irritate the new skin underneath.

What's even more funny is the eye bulging when they're shedding. They'll close their eyes and pop them out to get rid of the shed.

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Noella, ill try the warm water with a q-tip tomorrow. I just worry shes having a hard time breathing with the shed covering her nostrils.
I have not seen her do the eye bulge yet. :)

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Give her a warm soak, then let the shed proceed on its own.

When i woke up this morning part of the shed was already off one side so i will just give her a warm soak and let it run its course on its own. Its supposed to be 89 out today, might take her outside for some natural sunlight :cool:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great! She'll enjoy her bath and natural sunlight sounds great too!

Latest posts