• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Head Bobing

Kris

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey just a quickie and I know it's a no brainer but I have 2 beardies both 7months old give or take a week or so both are healthy enough have adequate space and lighting and are fed well. One is larger than the other which is usually the case when housing these also know that is the male. Anyway my other beardie who I presumed female tends to do an awful lot of head bobing and blackening of the beard (to me this is a grate of the male) however is it possible for the female to also do this?

I think I may have two males  but they don't fight at all just bob at eachother and climb on top of eachother when basking.

Any views on this would be appreciated

Thanks
Kris

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi Kris
Head bobing can be done by either a male or a female and the stacking (laying on each other) is definate sign of dominance. It is not recommended to house two beardies together as they solitary animals and only come together to breed. When they are housed together, it is only a matter of time before something happens. This can be one starving from being forced away from food or being injured from a fight to death.
I would strongly suggest that you seperate them ASAP.
Fliehigh

Latest posts