• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Head bobbing in sleep??

Spike

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OK, so I have noticed that after he has been asleep for a while, Spike will start to pop his head on his branch, like he is head bobbing! :eek: He does it hard too! It scares me a little, because l don't know if it is possible for him to really hurt himself doing that. I don't really know if there could be any way to stop him, or if l should even be worried about it... Has anyone else noticed this behavior in their Beardies?? :eek:
:(:(:(

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
its sounds strange but they can have seizures too and you may want to seek vet attention....are you sure its not from light keeping him awake?i know when my guys are tired they burrow down for the night and become irritable when i leave even the dim living room light on...out of personal opinion id think it was just him being pissed about getting shuteye lol.

Spike

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I don't know... :( I need to try to get a video of him doing it...

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hopefully hes ok...theres not too much they can do for seizures...i mean im not a vet but to be honest,my mom owns 3 panther chameleons(used to have 4 but one got sick due to "veternary advice" and the sick one croaked after they told her to supplement him with meds she was advised to buy) and usually shell consult me whenever she has issues but right now the remaining 3 are great and one actually had a clutch of eggs that are in an incubator right now :)...im not an expert-ive just spent my whole life so far(im only 25) raising various herps.anyway the seizures could be a result of inbreeding(i know alot of commercial chain breeders do this often) and its just a natural development.if hes just bobbing i wouldnt worry about it.have you tried making it to where he cant see his reflection?...i mean its not optimal for veiwing pleasure but alot of reptiles get stressed when they see another and im positive beardies arent social with the same species despite what some random books or "experts" say on occasion,however they can become fond of their owners.right now im having a ball trying to reorganize 2 40 gal wide terrariums bc im pretty sure i have two males that literally spaz on eachother and have head bobbing matches through the glass lol.its funny but they are stressed n its not good.but anyway with the whole reflection deal try taping or finding a way to block off the glass...i have a neat jurrasic fossil background that i think isnt in production anymore but its a great tank wall thats not tapeon-its lightweight fiberglass and displays "Toothless" in all of his glory and sometimes he even climbs up it despite his size

Spike

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He does the bobbing while he is asleep, so he's not seeing his reflection.

Latest posts