• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He Won't Poop

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
yall know me by now....everything is right
He is 1 year old
For these here a bunch know he flirted with Brumation a bit, but has been up and at em
Not eating greens so much right now, but taking bugs.
Tons of baths....he only poops in the bath, he has gone in his enclosure like once

What gives? I'd say he hasn't pooped in 2 weeks....he seems healthy otherwise
The only other thing I have noticed is that he is drinking the bath water twice now, consecutively.....he never used to do that

I know they can get impacted, just don't know when it's vet time.....

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How often is he eating? if not eating alot he won't poop alot...that's fine that he's drinking from the bath thats great hydration is important.. 2 weeks isn't that bad if not eating alot as their GI system is highly effective and gets every bit of what it needs before pooping.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If he only poops in the bath, then once a week give him a "poop bath". Some dragons as they get older don't like poop in their tank. Dexter refuses to go in her tank and she will press at the front of her tank with urgency in her eyes when she needs to go. I usually give her a bath once a week just so she can poop.

You can also try adding hornworms to the diet a few times a week, to help with hydration. Drinking water in the bath isn't a big deal, just be careful that he doesn't put his whole head under the water for a long period of time.

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
Still no poop and he just went down again for a couple days lol

Man these guys habits are crazy lol

Michael James

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is "normal" poop for juvenile beardies? My guy is about 8 months old. He is usually pretty good for a nice bowel movement once per day. Some days, it is very solid and sort of looks like a little earth worm with a white sac attached to it. Other days it is much more runny and slime-like. I would think the runny stool is similar to people in that he might have a slight stomach bug and getting rid of excess water in the body. What kind of poop should we be looking for in our little guy? Solid poop or slimey/muddy poop?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is "normal" poop for juvenile beardies? My guy is about 8 months old. He is usually pretty good for a nice bowel movement once per day. Some days, it is very solid and sort of looks like a little earth worm with a white sac attached to it. Other days it is much more runny and slime-like. I would think the runny stool is similar to people in that he might have a slight stomach bug and getting rid of excess water in the body. What kind of poop should we be looking for in our little guy? Solid poop or slimey/muddy poop?
It depends on what they've been eating.. lol it should be a formed tube with a nice white urate at the beginning. Some dragons are more hydrated than others so consistency can be different.

Mark the Mailman

Hatchling Dragon
glad he's ok...i haven't encountered brumation or any slowing down yet. I have noticed really runny ones when i feed her wax worms. One thing i see now is a large yellow blob between the white urate and the tube most times.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
glad he's ok...i haven't encountered brumation or any slowing down yet. I have noticed really runny ones when i feed her wax worms. One thing i see now is a large yellow blob between the white urate and the tube most times.
Well that's interesting next time could you take a picture of that as I'm not sure what that might be and we may be able to tell you what it is once we see it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club

The yellow blob sounds like just part of the urate. That area can tell you a lot. If there is more yellow than white, your dragon is probably dehydrated. If it's red, it could be a parasite infection or if you have a female, she could be gravid. If it is rusty orange color it could mean it's getting too much calcium.

Mark the Mailman

Hatchling Dragon
IMG_20171221_125954.jpg

Latest posts