• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Have you guys heard of/used this stuff? [Clorox Daily Sanitizing Spray]

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I saw this in the store and wondered if it might work for sanitizing the bath tub after the beardies have had a soak. I usually dilute bleach with water and let it sit to disinfect the tub, but this stuff seems like it might be safer. I hate the bleach smell in the air, and I know it is not good for reptiles to breathe it in. When I clean with the bleach I shut the doors to the library (where Athena and Crowley are) and Sal's room so that it doesn't get in there, and I open the doors and windows near where I'm using the bleach to prevent them from breathing it in. This seems like it would be easier. I bought some today, so I'm going to give it a try. I'm just curious what you all think...

http://www.clorox.com/products/overview.php?prod_id=ahsds

This is what the site says:

Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface™ Daily Sanitizing Spray
Gentle as water

Clorox® Anywhere® Hard Surface™ daily sanitizing spray is a convenient way to sanitize. It's gentle enough to use on hard, nonporous surfaces around kids and food, yet powerful enough to kill 99.9% of common household bacteria, E. coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus (Staph) and Streptococcus (Strep.)*.

Plus, since it has no harsh fumes and leaves no harmful residue, it needs no wiping or rinsing. It's the perfect daily sanitizing spray to use all over your home, anytime you need it.
Highlights

* Gentle enough to use around kids and food*
* Kills 99.9% of bacteria: E. coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus (Staph.) and Streptococcus (Strep.)*
* Leaves no harmful chemical residue

*when used as directed, on hard nonporous surfaces.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm. I think you'd be ok with it. Just like the bleach solution, make sure you rinse it thoroughly before the next bath or before you put them back in their vivs.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Agree with Renee.. Novalsan is safe, no fumes, no residues... Also... you can always use white vinegar, lemon juice and water too... ;)
Janie

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I agree with Renee and Janie. Just make sure to thoroughly rinse after using any dis-infectant.

Latest posts